• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Mortar

Was considering getting some frontline-x for the winter but skipped them for now in favor of z flx zones to use for forehand approaches and such.

I used the Zone comparison yesterday while out playing. I was using my Recon Mortar for forehand approach shots that I used to throw an ESP Zone for. It does feel fairly similar to a zone for me.

I'm going to hold off on buying any more mortars for now. They aren't in my winter bag. I also want to see if the 1.3 or 1.4 mold is going to be 'standardized' in the future. I've got a couple of 1.3s and didn't like the 1.4 rim quite as much (but I could get used to it if I had to) so don't want to buy any of that particular run, unless it's going to be the standard going forward. The z flx zone I'm using is fine for now, but in warmer weather I'd probably prefer the mortar just because I can get a little more distance with less effort, which is a good thing because my sidearm game isn't so strong anymore.

I'm still undecided if i need a mortar between a zone and firebird and finally broke down and snagged an espflx glow zone in the fall so I'll probably pass for now. I'm sure a lot of people will dig these though.

its a nice mold but going back and forth between a concave zone or a luster gator, i never needed to buy one myself, especially with how crazy the prices were getting.

its a nice mold but going back and forth between a concave zone or a luster gator, i never needed to buy one myself, especially with how crazy the prices were getting.

Same

I was gator or zone for the last few years. Finally just sold all the gators to end the revolving door.

I have one mortar. It is a very nice disc, but I can get good zones pretty easy. The mortars are not always easy to find and can be a bit pricey. No thanks.

I'm still undecided if i need a mortar between a zone and firebird and finally broke down and snagged an espflx glow zone in the fall so I'll probably pass for now. I'm sure a lot of people will dig these though.

Everyone is different, but I can't imagine needing anything between my zone and FB. I even messed around with only a FB this summer. I think I could do it if I had to.

Same

I was gator or zone for the last few years. Finally just sold all the gators to end the revolving door.

I have one mortar. It is a very nice disc, but I can get good zones pretty easy. The mortars are not always easy to find and can be a bit pricey. No thanks.

Everyone is different, but I can't imagine needing anything between my zone and FB. I even messed around with only a FB this summer. I think I could do it if I had to.

I agree, once in a blue moon I'll want to nut up a little extra on the zone fh and wrist roll it a little, it'll fight out and still fade but end up left of where i want. Mortar gets me that extra little bit of distance. Firebird would work but sometimes you don't want the skip.

I don't think i could ever get rid of the zone and do just firebird only, it's just too good at what it's designed to do.

I agree, once in a blue moon I'll want to nut up a little extra on the zone fh and wrist roll it a little, it'll fight out and still fade but end up left of where i want. Mortar gets me that extra little bit of distance. Firebird would work but sometimes you don't want the skip.

I don't think i could ever get rid of the zone and do just firebird only, it's just too good at what it's designed to do.

yeah

there are times when it's scary throwing the FB when a zone can do the job. But I do think the zone would probably be my first or second cut if I had to do it.

Any news on a 1.5 run for the Mortar yet? Hate to spend $30+ on a disc if it'll get a new run in the next few months...

Any news on a 1.5 run for the Mortar yet? Hate to spend $30+ on a disc if it'll get a new run in the next few months...

Great question. I just came across some 1.3s and ordered a couple glows from infinite. Great disc and there needs to be more out there.

Great question. I just came across some 1.3s and ordered a couple glows from infinite. Great disc and there needs to be more out there.

Color glow is the first mortar I've had. It replaced harps and justices for me. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is some crazy timing. Thanks for the heads up!!

I wonder if other vendors like infinite and DGC will get these like last time. I have a discount with DGC and there are a couple of other things I'd like to get from infinite if I placed an order there.

At the same time, I'd rather pay Hyzerbomb's price and get them on the way as opposed to missing out again. Tough call!

And how is the dome? On the 1.4 version, it varied between the colours.

Latest posts