• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

I was part of "They" today:)

Alex Clegg's Eagle Scout project at Bluemont Park installed split rail fencing to permanently denote the OB line along the creek on holes 4, 5 and a section of hole 6. We left gaps for creek access, in areas where steps were previously installed. The Chesapeake Bay Watershed will benefit from the reduction of foot traffic (erosion) along the edges of the runoff creek.

42 scouts and parents plus 5 disc golfers can accomplish a lot in one day!

Hole 4
hole4.jpg

Hole 5
hole5.jpg

Hole 6
hole6.jpg

Two other Boy Scouts who helped today expressed an interest in adding fencing to the remaining creek OB line for their upcoming Eagles Scout Badges. :clap:

Looks great !

Anyone in the Albany area that is free today can be "they" at J-Park. We took delivery of 200 pavers(2x2) and need help getting them out to the tees.

Been trying to complete the final 9 on our little local course....I threw out my back hauling concrete....it tends to be the same few who help me every so often. Some people tell me to put the baskets in and finish the course gradually but allow it to be played.....Hell No I am not gonna put baskets in until every tee and signage is done and basic clearing is accomplished.....why do I say this...Because THEY (me) might kill all the yahoos who play through as I am working to finish the course and listen to criticism and don't offer to help.....GET OUT AND HELP...become part of the course and most importantly become THEY

Maybe if you did a better job opti they wouldnt complain :p

Seriously the entitled are going to run there mouth you just gotta learn to deal with it. Like me I tend to be a suddle smart ass when I hear someone talk like that. I know all the work I put in and those that matter know it too.

One thing I will say about not cementing pads and teesigns is that you are able to see how the course plays and get rid of unforseen problems such as a FH line that is a danger to other park users. Just my 2cents on that.

Been trying to complete the final 9 on our little local course....I threw out my back hauling concrete....it tends to be the same few who help me every so often. Some people tell me to put the baskets in and finish the course gradually but allow it to be played.....Hell No I am not gonna put baskets in until every tee and signage is done and basic clearing is accomplished.....why do I say this...Because THEY (me) might kill all the yahoos who play through as I am working to finish the course and listen to criticism and don't offer to help.....GET OUT AND HELP...become part of the course and most importantly become THEY

But then when you put the baskets in and have to tweak the holes a little bit, you'll have to re-do the pads and/or signage at extra cost (and extra labor). We've had this same type problem at Perkerson Park in Atlanta.

But we put the baskets in as soon as possible and the yahoos were able to provide some feedback on the design, allowing us to change some holes that didn't work as well as we'd wanted before we had all of the clearing finished. We ended up with a better design, sooner than expected. And we even had a couple of yahoos stop playing and help us out.

It is frustrating sometimes, but another advantage to putting baskets in is that THEY can take a break every so often to play the course and actually enjoy the thing THEY have been working on for months.

One thing I will say about not cementing pads and teesigns is that you are able to see how the course plays and get rid of unforseen problems such as a FH line that is a danger to other park users. Just my 2cents on that.

Excellent point, it's a whole lot easier to move a natural or carpet tee when you discover a safety issue you didn't see before, or you see a better tee placement to adjust scoring averages after the course gets some play.

Maybe if you did a better job opti they wouldnt complain :p

Seriously the entitled are going to run there mouth you just gotta learn to deal with it. Like me I tend to be a suddle smart ass when I hear someone talk like that. I know all the work I put in and those that matter know it too.

come here ...come here a litt le closer...I wanna smack ya! :D

Nah I disagree....we test throw everyone ourselves.....and listening to the multitudes makes for a pretty stupid course

Yea YOU test throw them but johnny chucker over there can have some crrraaaazzzyyy shots that end up in places you dont even dream.

Which is part of the reason original hole 3 at Bradford DGC is gone. We were out working on the course after baskets were in and saw chuckers about hit a group on 4. didn't know you could pull it off but they did.

Yea YOU test throw them but johnny chucker over there can have some crrraaaazzzyyy shots that end up in places you dont even dream.

Which is part of the reason original hole 3 at Bradford DGC is gone. We were out working on the course after baskets were in and saw chuckers about hit a group on 4. didn't know you could pull it off but they did.

I know its absurd what they are capable of....in this area of the park it will be disc golfers hitting disc golfers with errant throws.....so I don't care as much as disc golfer hitting innocent parrkgoer

I need the signage moreso to direct people where to go...I dont need wandering disc golfers....actual hole signage Im not as concerned with right now

Sometimes being THEY really sucks
But then I tell myself, hey its what I want, and you can tell yourself job well done!
But from now on, I will say THEY do good work.