• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I don't understand DGCR reviews/ratings

I agree and ran into a good example of that in Wyoming. I had seen signs like this before, but these were very well done. Like you said though, you have to remember to take a look before you leave the tee pad.

It may be hard to see, but the black arrow on the map shows you the way.

ffd2cfc5.jpg

I've seen places that do something like this, however if it's easy for some dooshbag to move the basket indicator they will do it. :wall:

I would think a bolt with a nut at the end work well as most people don't carry a wrench around with them.

I agree and ran into a good example of that in Wyoming. I had seen signs like this before, but these were very well done. Like you said though, you have to remember to take a look before you leave the tee pad.

It may be hard to see, but the black arrow on the map shows you the way.

ffd2cfc5.jpg

Similar comment as glass: do you remember what they use to mark the current basket position? It looks like a marble, or maybe the head of a bolt? Seems like a great idea, easy to change, when the basket moves, but hopefully not too easy for idiots to screw with.

Similar comment as glass: do you remember what they use to mark the current basket position? It looks like a marble, or maybe the head of a bolt? Seems like a great idea, easy to change, when the basket moves, but hopefully not too easy for idiots to screw with.

If I remember correctly, it was just a large truss head machine bolt and nut painted red.

I can see some interesting ITB videos coming out for 2022:

"First up is my phone so I can "5 Star" everything on U-disc. Then I have my wrench to let the local DG Club know where I want the baskets moved to next week. Now let's move onto my drivers since that's all I ever carry....I find 37 Destroyers cover pretty much all of my shots."

.... courses without signs or otherwise published lengths are the worst, because you're really set up to be misled by the technology in your pocket.

There's a double-handful of incidents from the Pacific NW and the Rockies, where idiots determined to follow their GPS' directions buried their vehicles in deep snow, and then continued to walk IN THE SAME DIRECTION, and have never been found.
It's a tool, people, not a genie.