• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I get to play with the world champ this weekend

Here's a pic from my highest rated round ever

facebook_-902869581_zps54f0c896.jpg

Paul and me are fairly similar in tallness (shortness?) and i had been up to 1.5 times his weight but luckily no more. Lost quite a bit so far well over 40 pounds less than my worst. Diet is the killer of overweight and the father of getting fat. Still starting to cycle long trips has really made a dent in my fat storage. Since it is not healthy to disc golf as much in the winter i've had more beer time and eaten goodies. The result is that i'm 22 lbs down in a year. More green less meat and potatoes has been my recipe along with controlling hunger with protein drinks, Chia seeds soaked in water for 20 minutes or so and biting them before swallowing or both. Chia takes up a lot of space for fairly little energy input and it reduces the intake of some materials into the body from the stomach contents. So in overuse all the time you could get deficiencies but max two tea spoons per day for a couple of weeks might not be dangerous. Of course it is better to not have it each day to allow the necessary though energy containing foodstuffs to be circulated to keep you healthy.

BTW. try pushing the pelvis at the aiming point so that you are upright with no forward tilt of the waist during putting.

No way I'm changing my putt. Putting the best in my life. I lean forward like that on short putts.

dgdave said:
No way I'm changing my putt. Putting the best in my life. I lean forward like that on short putts.

Does that pink Clutch have anything to do with it?

I'm betting Paul McBeth will win Masters Cup again this year, he has the right kind of game for the course, and doesn't ride the emotional rollercoaster that goes off the rails so easily when playing here. Really looking forward to see who rises to the top.

(Even more excited to see 2 weekends of FPO action, Catrina, Val, and Sarah battling it out at Daisy Chains, followed by Masters Cup.)

Clutches are a little part of it, but mostly it's my confidence. Also realizing Iddon't have to use a big beaded putter ro putt well. It took a bit getting used to a beardless low profile putter, but it fits my style much better.

I started putting really well about 7 months ago when I started getting back into it seriously.

dgdave said:
Clutches are a little part of it, but mostly it's my confidence. Also realizing Iddon't have to use a big beaded putter ro putt well. It took a bit getting used to a beardless low profile putter, but it fits my style much better.

I started putting really well about 7 months ago when I started getting back into it seriously.

Sweet! I still have ups and downs, great when I'm putting in the zone. The Clutch has definitely been a big help for me, although the disc alone won't solve all my problems (which unfortunately are many, and practice time too little).

I was able to throw a round last summer with he and Brit, very nice kid. Was fun to watch him play and he was really chill. Brit seemed to be having a bad day, didnt seem to be in a good mood. I chalked it up to extensive travel. Was really funny watching them interact while they played, reminds me of a friend of mine and his girl that plays.
"Wait, what are you doing?"
"What?"
"Why are you gonna throw that disc/shot?"
"Idk, why not?"
"Whatever"

Lol