• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] I see dead Discs

150 Z Flicks are nasty. They are super, super overstable, more so than their heavier counterparts.

I'm frankly surprised the Flick doesn't get more attention. It's a disc that belongs in anyone's bag.

150 Z Flicks are nasty. They are super, super overstable, more so than their heavier counterparts.

I'm frankly surprised the Flick doesn't get more attention. It's a disc that belongs in anyone's bag.

Ha says you and moose! Actually they are nice, I had one that was solid but it wasn't helping my game. I've seen better FH players work magic with them!

I've heard the 150 motions are a reasonable replacement

Cyclones get run every so often, but yes, I'd be worried if I depended on lots of OOP discs and didn't have plenty of backups. A soft X Zone was my favourite approach disc but I switched to the Pig because I could get replacements (just).

Attachments

• 60B5E254-701C-461C-9213-4B18A95DEE50.jpg
    60B5E254-701C-461C-9213-4B18A95DEE50.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 21
Finding out your favorite disc is no longer readily available is like losing your best friend. It stings a little at first but eventually life goes on and you make new friends.

Not being able to find your favorite throwers is a good excuse to try new discs. Who knows, maybe you'll discover something that works as well or better for you as your old standby.

Speaking of Dead Discs.... I have retired most of my old bag after not playing for 20 years! I have been replacing as many as possible with newer discs. I prefer my old Sanny Roc but I think I can live with the new Roc I have. Not sure I like the newer Eagles though and I am at a complete loss as to what to replace my Discraft XL and Xtra with... My two go to discs.... Any ides?

I am at a complete loss as to what to replace my Discraft XL and Xtra with... My two go to discs.... Any ides?

Iirc, XLs are a straightish flying 6/7 speed fairway right?

Check out the MVP Relay. When asked by older guys who can't find replacements or don't like the new plastic versions for some of their older discs, the Relay is what i usually recommend for guys that like Cheetahs. Which is also a straightish flying 6 speed fairway. "A Cheetah with a modern wing"

Relay 6 5 -2 1

Personally, i think they are more like a -1 1 when new in the Neutron plastic. The Cosmic plastic from what i hear is more like a -.5 1.5/2 which might line up better with the XL flight chart i saw on Infinite.

Last edited:
Speaking of Dead Discs.... I have retired most of my old bag after not playing for 20 years! I have been replacing as many as possible with newer discs. I prefer my old Sanny Roc but I think I can live with the new Roc I have. Not sure I like the newer Eagles though and I am at a complete loss as to what to replace my Discraft XL and Xtra with... My two go to discs.... Any ides?
What plastics were those in? Were those Elite Pro discs? The XL in Z had a wicked dumpy fade that the Elite Pro XL's didn't have, so I'm trying to narrow down the flight you are looking for.

The Xtra and the Millennium EXP1 to me were interchangeable; they are both OOP. A DX Banshee can fill in there; the Champ Banshee is more OS and shorter from my experience but in the ballpark. A DX Firebird will also fill in there; again the Champ Firebird is going to be a lot more OS. The Firebird will be longer than the Banshee. If it was me I'd get a DX Banshee and a DX Firebird and figure out which one I liked more.

I throw Hornets and have never met anyone else who does. Snagged a couple ESP that popped up on Infinite a little while ago and a couple LISO Big Z from there as well about 5 mins ago. Should last me forever seeing as I only had 1 for about 8 years until a month ago.

When did stingrays go OOP?

It takes me forever to beat a Roc in enough to be my flippy mid. Stingrays have been holding down that slot for a while. I can find a few super stingrays for sale, but that's not what I'm after. If stingrays only went OOP fairly recently, then I think I have a decent shot of finding a few at a big box store. If not, I'll be in the market for a different flippy mid in cheapo plastic.

Unrelated, but my son lost a cactus cyclone over the weekend. I told him not to worry because we had another one at home. Unfortunately the backup is a much newer X plastic version. Hopefully that one will work as well for him as the old cactus one did.

Dang you got me shook now I love my Stingray! Are they really OOP or just haven't been ran recently?

I'm frankly surprised the Flick doesn't get more attention. It's a disc that doesn't belongs in everyone's bag.

fixed that for you.:thmbup:

It takes me forever to beat a Roc in enough to be my flippy mid. Stingrays have been holding down that slot for a while. I can find a few super stingrays for sale, but that's not what I'm after. If stingrays only went OOP fairly recently, then I think I have a decent shot of finding a few at a big box store. If not, I'll be in the market for a different flippy mid in cheapo plastic.
The probably are just out of stock everywhere.

How old is the Innova site, anyway? I was just looking at it and all the pictures of the discs for the 180 view are PFN. That site has to be over 10 years old.

Unrelated, but my son lost a cactus cyclone over the weekend. I told him not to worry because we had another one at home. Unfortunately the backup is a much newer X plastic version. Hopefully that one will work as well for him as the old cactus one did.

I've seen DX Stingrays this year online, so I'm sure they ran some. Likely you will see some more at some point. Champ and Star nope.

I bet some Champ Stingrays would be a great CFR disc, if they'd run some for a CFR. I've always want to throw one myself.

Latest posts