• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I was on the news plugging disc golf!

It is amazing how much television time dg is receiveing compared to even a year ago. When I first started playing, there were not many threads about disc golf in the news, articles on the website, or on tv in any way. Now Yahoo, ESPN, and many local news stations have been covering it in small ways around the country. It is awesome! Great job on the money you guys raised, really gives the spot a great name!

It is amazing how much television time dg is receiveing compared to even a year ago. When I first started playing, there were not many threads about disc golf in the news, articles on the website, or on tv in any way. Now Yahoo, ESPN, and many local news stations have been covering it in small ways around the country. It is awesome! Great job on the money you guys raised, really gives the spot a great name!

Do you have any ESPN examples of coverage?

When I first started playing, there were not many threads about disc golf in the news, articles on the website, or on tv in any way. Now Yahoo, ESPN, and many local news stations have been covering it in small ways around the country. It is awesome!

I've had a disc golf news feed from Google for a number of years now, and honestly, I haven't seen any marked increase in coverage, other than the one that would be expected by a growing number of places that have courses. Ice Bowls, much like any charity event, generally get a lot of good press in local rags.

And I would hardly call the content farm material on sites like Yahoo or Examiner exactly news.

When did DG become a "sport?" I thought it was a hobby? Is ESPN the Ocho going to start covering it soon?

Does ESPN have to cover something for it to be a sport? No. If there is a Professional Disc Golf Association and major tournaments all over the country, of course it is a sport.

I've had a disc golf news feed from Google for a number of years now, and honestly, I haven't seen any marked increase in coverage, other than the one that would be expected by a growing number of places that have courses. Ice Bowls, much like any charity event, generally get a lot of good press in local rags.

And I would hardly call the content farm material on sites like Yahoo or Examiner exactly news.

Interestingly, disc golf is being googled less and less nowadays even though it appears that there is more news coverage: http://www.google.com/trends/?q=Disc+Golf

Why google when you can just come here? I know I google it a lot less than I did a few years ago just because the info I want is nearly always on one of a small number of sites.