• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I wish I could play this course everyday.

HyzerUniBomber

* Ace Member *
IMG_1408.JPG

I'm not trying to shill for the blog - it's just way easier to put it one place and then share with friends on G+, fb, email friends, here, etc... If it's not cool to share links to another site - I'll kill this thread, I don't want to step on any toes.

That out of the way - great(est?) private course (Deer Mountain in Golden, CO) for a fantastic event yesterday. Wowza, it was just mind bending how awesome this course is... and if you can ever play it, do not pass it up.

IMG_1439.JPG

Deer Mnt Part 1

Deer Mnt Part 2

Pretty awesome looking course. I cut my teeth on the courses in that area and get back often, and this is the first i've heard of this course. So, what kind of scores were turned in for that tourney? Looks like a tough play.

Pretty awesome looking course. I cut my teeth on the courses in that area and get back often, and this is the first i've heard of this course. So, what kind of scores were turned in for that tourney? Looks like a tough play.
It was a doubles tournament and the double bird rule was in effect. Believe 2 teams tied for 1st with -20 scores (21 holes). My partner & I shot -3 and felt like we dodged alot of bullets.

That does look like an amazing course. One day I'll make it out towards Colorado to hit up some of those big mountain courses.

Is that course only open for tournaments? I live in Steamboat Springs and I would love to go play that course.

I will say, I really appreciate the type of terrain/foilage you all have out west. I love holes with the mature stands of trees. Here in WV, it's alot harder to find that. Most of the wooded courses are thick wooded areas of smaller trees.

Yeah that's an absolutely awe-inspiring course. I had the pleasure of playing there just one time. I will say that it is only available to play during special events (maybe once a year), unless you are personally invited onto the property. It's a strictly private course

Yeah that's an absolutely awe-inspiring course. I had the pleasure of playing there just one time. I will say that it is only available to play during special events (maybe once a year), unless you are personally invited onto the property. It's a strictly private course

Exactly... it's their land and what a piece of property it is. Everybody was in awe of the place.

Here's a few more shots from other guys on our card if you're interested: http://heavydisc.blogspot.com/2013/11/more-pix-from-deer-mnt.html

i was there on saturday as well and it was just as amazing as everyone thinks it was. i've played 135 courses in my lifetime and this is definitely top 3. If you've ever played DeLa in Santa Cruz, and you're familiar with the Top of the World hole, there are at least 9 different Top of the World type tee's here at Deer Mountain. UNBELIEVABLE COURSE!

i was there on saturday as well and it was just as amazing as everyone thinks it was. i've played 135 courses in my lifetime and this is definitely top 3. If you've ever played DeLa in Santa Cruz, and you're familiar with the Top of the World hole, there are at least 9 different Top of the World type tee's here at Deer Mountain. UNBELIEVABLE COURSE!

What did your card shoot, if I might ask.

We had a range of -3, Par and I think +3. I felt like it was damn lucky that it was doubles because on a quite few shots, either my partner or I would blow it... only to be saved by the other guy. And blowing a shot could easily mean ending up 300 feet from the pin with big load of timber in front of you!

on my card was a -11, a -7, and then myself and my partner shot a +2, but I wasn't disappointed at all by my score, i was just happy to finish the beast. but i did have a BLAST! I can't wait to go back for the spring tourney. you gonna play any more of the WW series? Conifer is this weekend, i think i'm going.

on my card was a -11, a -7, and then myself and my partner shot a +2, but I wasn't disappointed at all by my score, i was just happy to finish the beast. but i did have a BLAST! I can't wait to go back for the spring tourney. you gonna play any more of the WW series? Conifer is this weekend, i think i'm going.

I will probably play a handful of them - our family does a bunch of skiing in the winter, so having free days is going to start getting tough. Dropped what felt like a metric ton of cash on season passes this year (2 adults, 2 kids)!

Great series / great people though, I'm definitely doing tags next season with MileHigh.