• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with this old classic roc, its rancho mold, very hard to make out the stampbut its an innova barstamp and higher up classic roc, maybe says pro or champ its got a pop top feel and feels ce sorta, thanks

Attachments

• 2012-08-10 14.34.14.jpg
    2012-08-10 14.34.14.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2012-08-10 14.34.40.jpg
    2012-08-10 14.34.40.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 11
What's the story...?

So I picked up these discs from PIAS. I know they aren't worth anything, but I'd just like to see if anyone has info on them. They are just going to be my rain discs.

-I know the Meteor is just that...so skip that one.

-Bottom left is a World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend Gazelle. Ontario, CAL. Says "Rolf Frei Award" at the top of the stamp.

-Bottom left is a Teebird. CAL.

2012-08-10220023.jpg

Anything special about either?

Thanks in advance!

/edit So I just got it. The teebird is an I-95 stamp! Clever...

Last edited:
probably a little less than the protostar stamped ones they did for vendors/team members a few years ago.

Which I have no idea what those go for now as I see people call them first runs a lot and jack the price.

So I picked up these discs from PIAS. I know they aren't worth anything, but I'd just like to see if anyone has info on them. They are just going to be my rain discs.

-Bottom left is a World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend Gazelle. Ontario, CAL. Says "Rolf Frei Award" at the top of the stamp.
Rolf Frei was a guy who brought a bunch of people to try out disc golf at a World's Biggest one year. When I ran World's Biggest events the Rolf Frei story was always in the literature as an example of how you could use the event to introduce a bunch of people to the sport.

Around '99 when the full color discs came out, Houck included a "trophy disc" Rolf Frei award disc to give to the person who brought the most people out to your World's Biggest event. The guy who won at my event brought a whole whopping three people (his wife and two kids. :|) He never bothered to show up and claim it, so I still have it.

I don't remember if those were included after '99 or not.

What was the other latitude 64 disc from the 2011 PDGA worlds. The purple bolt says it on it, but I have an orange swirly one w/ no disc name. Could possibly their colorshift. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts