• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are incorrect for once Scott. remember when they had the stamps they would use to put the mold on? that was well before the eagle/teebird.
Yeah, but that was hit or miss. Sometimes you would see it and sometimes you wouldn't. It seemed like on big jobs like the Ice Bowl discs you would see the stamps, but when I would order custom stamps there was nothing. We got Gazelles and Pegasus in the same order one time that had no markings; we had the damnedest time telling them apart. That was '98 I think. Once they started with the E and the T, those were marked all of the time.

Very grippy chalky plastic.

Nothing penned besides weight.

Only tooling is discraft walled lake
And
Licensed us patent 4568297

It's fairway driverish just wasn't sure if someone knows what it is.
Looks/sounds like an Elite Pro XL.

Hmmm... Old Discraft doesn't go for nearly as much as old Innova. Maybe 15-20, if someone was hunting for one.

I wouldn't trust me too much on this, I don't really know. Well, I do know that old Discraft doesn't go for much.

I have been trying to figure out what this disc is for the longest time. It is an old Ching stamped Innova with a lizard stamp on it. I have been told that it was a Teebird, but I just want to make sure of what it is.

The tooling on the bottom is Rancho, CAL tooling if that helps at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 30
I have been trying to figure out what this disc is for the longest time. It is an old Ching stamped Innova with a lizard stamp on it. I have been told that it was a Teebird, but I just want to make sure of what it is.

The tooling on the bottom is Rancho, CAL tooling if that helps at all.

Looks like an eagle, can you make out a marking on the back? If it is an Eagle, there would likely be a large E above the center where the weight is listed. You can sometimes see the etching in the plastic even when the ink is gone on those old DX discs.

There was no identifying letters on the flight plate when I got the disc. It was my grandfathers disc, he game me this one, and a San Marino Stingray.

I don't want to cause any offense, but I would like to get multiple opinions.

Does anyone else have an idea of what this disc may be?

Viper or Whippet perhaps. is it the same diameter as a Roc, Buzzz or other midrange, or is is smaller like most drivers?

Edit: on a second glance it looks like an Eagle X, too.

The top definitely looks like a Banshee, but the wing is way off. Banshees and Gazelles have a small flat spot right at the end of the wing.
I guess I don't follow this, but some of it could be the fact that all of my discs are old and maybe the Banshee wing has changed. I have a lot of Banshees; all of them about the same age as this Ching disc. The end of the wing of my Banshees bear no resemblance to the end of a Gazelle wing. The Gazelle and Pegasus had very similar bevels with that spot that almost feels like a bead around the end of the wing. There is nothing dramatically different about the shape of the Banshee wing that jumps out at me like the end of the Gazelle or Pegasus wing; the Banshee wing is not that far off in feel and appearance to the Eagle wing.

The thing that stands out to me in the picture posted is the nose. The Banshee has the flat blunt nose. The top of the Eagle nose tapers down and gives it a sharper appearance. From the look of the nose in that picture I'd vote Banshee.

Status
Not open for further replies.