• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not thrown it, and it'll be a couple days before I go out to the course :-( and I had eagle in my mind but am really unfamiliar with them (i know i know) so I was not that sure. I'm really bad with all the molds of various discs too, never really thought there were multiple stingrays (should have known)

Sorry if this has a mass thread that I missed I looked around and didn't see a place for this, any idea what this disc is? I found it in the water at City Park NOLA yesterday, I asked one of the course pro's he remember's the stamp no idea on the mold, anyone have any info on the mold?

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Looks kinda like a JLS to me (also a Whippet X as they share the same wing piece), but it's hard to tell as none of the pictures of the nose are straight on. Does it feel like Innova Pro plastic? It certainly looks like that JLS type plastic. What city does the tooling on the bottom say?

Disc I.D. help please

I won a protostar disc in my prize pack at a local tourney and "GO" is written in pen inside the circle on the bottom. I am assuming that is a goblin but I didn't have anything to compare it to. Just wanted to make sure before I label it a goblin
....also, is it worth anything?
Thanks

Thanks, I didn't think it'd be worth anything. I got it at a very small local tourney and it was a donation prize.... Is it worth hanging on to, or just pawn it off for $10? I used to throw a couple goblins and was never very impressed so it won't be seeing any course time in my hands.

Thanks, I didn't think it'd be worth anything. I got it at a very small local tourney and it was a donation prize.... Is it worth hanging on to, or just pawn it off for $10? I used to throw a couple goblins and was never very impressed so it won't be seeing any course time in my hands.

Keep it. You never know when you'll run into a Goblin collector! ;)

thanks..... sorry for starting a new thread. I thought about posting in here and wasn't sure so thanks for moving it to the appropriate place.

i might trade ya something for it...i do throw darts..and im pretty sure a dart is a retooled goblin

Hmmm. well, I'll post it in my trade thread. I'm not dying to get rid of it, but on the other hand I'll probably never throw it.

I compared a 10X Eagle and a Whippet to your pics. My opinion is it's a Whippet

I just checked 10x, 11x, and Champ Whippet X and they're all Ontario tooling, and his disc is Rancho. If the Whippet is out it's got to be a JLS as they are Rancho tooling. It even looks like the right kind of plastic in the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts