• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you want to know, but I believe you're right about it being from the mid-eighties. I still have a couple Eclipses from back then but none of them have that stamp. I did have a Cruiser that had that same style of stamp. My guess is that it is pretty rare but I couldn't guesstimate a price, try the other thread for that.

It was fast for its day, but like most discs from back then is considered flippy as heck by today's standards.

Just if it's rare or not. Rare might equal higher resale value. That particular stamp is what intrigues me the most. I haven't come across any pics of any Eclipses that look that. Thanks for your reply.

I just picked up what I'm nearly positive is a roc and a 148g discraft
Code:
x-clone at PIAS. What's the story on the x-clone? Apparently it was super high speed a while back but it looks pretty close to my Leo or river with a more flat edge. Anyone have an approx speed rating and such?

I just picked up what I'm nearly positive is a roc and a 148g discraft
Code:
x-clone at PIAS. What's the story on the x-clone? Apparently it was super high speed a while back but it looks pretty close to my Leo or river with a more flat edge. Anyone have an approx speed rating and such?
X-Clones would be speed six. New out of the box there were probably Speed 6/Glide 3/Turn 0/Fade 4. Something like that. The problem is that they had a shelf life of about 10 tree hits on that sharp wing before it flew like it was Speed 6/Glide 4/Turn -2/Fade 1. They were not durable at all. The tournament players who used them always had a stack to get through a weekend.

Went they were new, X-Clones were arguably the fastest disc on the market. They stayed that way for about three years until the Banshee came out. The super high-speed mid 90's discs were the Discraft X-Clone, Innova Cheetah and Millennium Polaris LS. In today's world, they are so slow they are almost considered mids. :|

X-Clones would be speed six. New out of the box there were probably Speed 6/Glide 3/Turn 0/Fade 4. Something like that. The problem is that they had a shelf life of about 10 tree hits on that sharp wing before it flew like it was Speed 6/Glide 4/Turn -2/Fade 1. They were not durable at all. The tournament players who used them always had a stack to get through a weekend.

Went they were new, X-Clones were arguably the fastest disc on the market. They stayed that way for about three years until the Banshee came out. The super high-speed mid 90's discs were the Discraft X-Clone, Innova Cheetah and Millennium Polaris LS. In today's world, they are so slow they are almost considered mids. :|

Thats actually what I was hoping for, something like a mid. I bought it as basically a throwaround practice disc anyway, it was cheap and it was superlight. The profile looked middish to me so I grabbed it. Also the stability isnt a big deal either because I'm new and something more stable to understable is better for me now anyway. It was between that and a cyclone, looking back I probably shoulda grabbed the cyclone but oh well. Like I said it was cheap and it'll do what I need it to do.

Last edited:
This disc has no markings underneath to indicate a manufacturer...It is completely text free on the bottom. It is wider in diameter than a Roc, but not a Condor for sure...

unknowndisc2.jpg

photo1.jpg

I have a blue wizard with the same stamp as the eraser wizards. It's also 144 grams. It was like the 2nd disc I ever bought after I heard wizards were great putters and liked the stamp cause it wasn't on any of the other wizards they had, I had no idea about weights really.

Well since then I've never seen anything like it, and I've only seen that stamp on the erasers. Anybody know anything about this? I can post a photo when I get home if you guys want.

This disc has no markings underneath to indicate a manufacturer...It is completely text free on the bottom. It is wider in diameter than a Roc, but not a Condor for sure...

unknowndisc2.jpg

photo1.jpg
That's a Lightning disc. Without looking I'm gonna guess it's a Spitfire. The Spitfire was a mid, kinda Rocish looking but had a larger diameter and was legal up to 185g's.

After looking at the 360 spin view of a gazelle I would have to agree. The outer flat part of the rim really seems to fit. Funny enough I almost bought one a couple different times not knowing I already owned this one. Thanks for the help guys, I'll probably be back with another question later today.

And Destroyers labeled S/DS are more sought after than those that say *DS. New stock stamp SDS go for like $30 on the marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.