• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys, I've got a buddy that lost his disc with no stamp. It was a clear green plastic driver that had raised letters inside the lip for grip purposes. The only other disc I've seen like this is my Buzz, but thats obviously a mid/putter. If anyone knows what this disc is, please let me know, thanks.

Hey, guys, I've got a buddy that lost his disc with no stamp. It was a clear green plastic driver that had raised letters inside the lip for grip purposes. The only other disc I've seen like this is my Buzz, but thats obviously a mid/putter. If anyone knows what this disc is, please let me know, thanks.
You just described about 10,000 discs.

I don't know what plastic that is, nor what year it would be from. But that patent# is for an Innova Eagle..

Um, no. That is a patent for a beveled edge disc design that is now expired. Every disc golf disc made had to have that patent written somewhere on it until the patent expired.

I have asked around and have not been able to id this thing. It looks and flies like a Discraft Xpress but there is no stamp. The inside has two markings. One is molded into the plastic and says "LICENSED UNDER U.S. PATENT NO.4568297" and the other says the same thing, but is printed in ink like a computer stamp. It has quite a bit of tooling marks, zipper top, so I am wondering if it is a prototype of some sort. Any ideas?

Do you have an Xpress to compare it to? Discraft usually has their tooling marks inside the rim like that. A profile picture of the rim would be helpful.

I have some old Discraft discs with the old Discraft logo where the stamp has completely worn off. It didn't take much, since they just had a small Discraft stamp up top and a small stamp with the name of the disc at the bottom. A lot of Discraft Z plastic used to come out with that zipper top finish.

No lettering on the rim is for grip. It may be used by some for that, but it was not intended for that. It's called tooling. It sounds like a Discraft disc however, because Innova does not put the tooling on the rim. I actually can't think of another manufacturer that puts the tooling in the rim.

Thanks, I'll look into some of the Discraft stuff. I'll also research the tooling. I appreciate the help.

I have a few of these San Marino Q Sentinels.
No www tooling.
Are these CE?
I say no. They came out too late to be CE. People jump all over me for that and call them a "CE blend" or "CE type" and say there HAS to be some CE mix to them. I don't know; I don't work at Innova and don't know what they put in them. All I know is they came out too late to be called CE.

Here is the thing: it doesn't matter. They are awesome. You don't have to come up with a half-baked CE claim because you can just say "Sanny Sentinel." Adding CE to that will not make it worth one more cent than just being a Sanny Sentinel already does. It is already a disc that you can't sell to somebody who just fell off the apple cart. It's Millennium, not Innova. It doesn't have a Champion Edition stamp. Dumb guy throwing around money isn't going to know what it is and isn't going to buy it. You already have to wait for somebody who knows what it is, and when you get the guy who knows what it is you will get the same price, CE or no CE. That guy already knows they are awesome.

Unless they are light, of course. If they are light, you are screwed. Sanny Sentinels are throwers, not collectors. Weight matters.

Here is the thing: it doesn't matter. They are awesome. You don't have to come up with a half-baked CE claim because you can just say "Sanny Sentinel." Adding CE to that will not make it worth one more cent than just being a Sanny Sentinel already does. It is already a disc that you can't sell to somebody who just fell off the apple cart. It's Millennium, not Innova. It doesn't have a Champion Edition stamp. Dumb guy throwing around money isn't going to know what it is and isn't going to buy it. You already have to wait for somebody who knows what it is, and when you get the guy who knows what it is you will get the same price, CE or no CE. That guy already knows they are awesome.

Unless they are light, of course. If they are light, you are screwed. Sanny Sentinels are throwers, not collectors. Weight matters.

That response is....awesome! Thanks for being honest.
I sold one a while back and people, not me, referred to it as CE, which left me wondering. You're spot on because of course I was curious if the "CE" aspect would make it more valuable....Now I see that the distinction is irrelevant. I've never even held any CE plastic, although, these sents do feel great. All 176-180, FWIW.

thanks again

Last edited:
That response is....awesome! Thanks for being honest.
I sold one a while back and people, not me, referred to it as CE, which left me wondering. You're spot on because of course I was curious if the "CE" aspect would make it more valuable....Now I see that the distinction is irrelevant. I've never even held any CE plastic, although, these sents do feel great. All 176-180, FWIW.

thanks again
I'm jealous.

There is a genuine confusion since they are desirable discs from just about that time-frame where CE is possible, but they were more inline time-wise with being a Proline disc than a CE disc. For some reason I've never heard anyone speculate that they ARE Proline and I don't have any anymore to compare them to anything. At any rate, Proline was good plastic and the speculation at the time was that Proline was a Pro/CE blend (whatever that means) so I guess you could use all the speculation to call them a "CE type" or "CE blend" or whatever. "CE" sells, so I guess it is what it is. I just know that back in the day nobody claimed that they were CE, it's just now that there are so many new players that were not around and don't remember that suddenly they supposedly are. I just don't think it should matter. They are great golf discs, "CE-type" or not.

Hi i'm pretty new to disc golf and my friend threw this disc in with a few others he gave me but he doesn't know what it is. It is an innova factory second. Can someone help me ID it?

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums...5DBF71-19919-000003CB9208CE64_zpsab4c148c.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums...BFB519-19919-000003CB974AA5A9_zps5f8ec43c.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums...61536E-19919-000003CB9CCA4A34_zps15312efc.jpg

thanks

Looks like it might be a Roadrunner. Do you see any markings on the back of the disc towards the center?

Yep. Beep-beep!

250px-Roadrunner.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.