• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you cash but leave before being awarded..

Apathy

Par Member
What happens to the cash? Does the club/TD keep it? I very rarely stay to accept merch bucks and have always hoped and assumed that the money is kept by the club where it can be used for course improv/ whatevr club needs are. Curious if that was acctually the case. Thanks

I'm not exactly sure. Last summer I had to leave after a very long tourney and couldn't pick up my cash/award. Never heard what happened to it.

I believe this would be a td/tournament dependent situation not a set standard. For me, if you roll before awards without letting me know/making other arrangements I assume you are donating to the club.

Almost all of the tournaments here in Florida are ran by our state tour the Fabulous Florida Tour and for the Pros they have a form to fill out and they will mail you the check. Most of the times they are pretty good about giving the Ams the loot if they are paying out in schwag but will mail out the voucher if that's what they are paying out.

ferretdance03 said:
I believe this would be a td/tournament dependent situation not a set standard. For me, if you roll before awards without letting me know/making other arrangements I assume you are donating to the club.

when it comes to cash....i try to reach out...its never happened...so im speculating

when it comes to am cash...if its someone i know.....ill reach out...but i only attempt once. after that....to the club it goes!

The times I couldn't hang around I always asked the TD if I could get it at the next event they do. I think it's ideal to give them a heads up before you bail. The peeps that run the HOTT tour down here are pretty easy to deal with.

Let me back up what I said by saying this: I've not known many people that won cash money to bail without at least giving me a heads up, which is fine and completely reasonable; I understand this is a hobby for most and we all have lives and responsibilities to get back to. If you roll before picking out your DX prize disc I can only assume that it's not that important to you and use said value/cash/plastic/commodity to further the sport/course as I (we the club) deem fit.

If you think you're going to leave before the awards, and what happens to the shwag matters to you, I say speak to the person in charge.

I just read this on the pdga website somewhere....the TD is supposed to mail it to you, but the player pays for shipping.

if you cash AND have to leave before the awards AND don't say anything to the TD- you are a frigging tool and don't deserve to get shit...

however, as a TD i have always sent it out by mail...

biscgolf said:
if you cash AND have to leave before the awards AND don't say anything to the TD- you are a frigging tool and don't deserve to get shit...

however, as a TD i have always sent it out by mail...

Well than Im a tool. :D Only reason I have never said anything is because I just assumed they kept it, Ive never had anyone contact me or mail it out, but this last time I just started wondering if that is acctually what happens. Sounds like that is exactly what happens. Regardless, I intend from here on out to just let the TD know before I leave that they can take it as a club donation.

Thanks for the replies

This happened when I left the Lake Redding tourney for the Shasta series. I placed 4th (which gets paid), but the TD was such an ass I didn't even want to go to the award ceremony. He yelled at my group twice for holding everyone up when there were four empty holes behind my group and instead of 4, 9 hole rounds we played three. I can't guarantee that he kept the money but I would not put it past him. Oh well