• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could have your own signature disc...

23x starfire that wouldnt be the worlds that i won it would be the amount that i lost that year so it could be high or low each year

GorillaTactics said:
Huh, interesting. Never seen one. Do they fly like broken in ranchos? sounds cool but obscure. :p

I always thought they were fairly common, but I'm finding out that not as many people know about them as I had thought.

Brand new they fly more stable than a new Rancho, but with a little less glide. When it comes to Mids, I like to have multiples of the same mold/weight, but in different stages of wear. I find that I can get a larger range of stabilities out of the Ching Roc, because is starts out more stable but will still beat in to become very flippy. As they age and get beaten-in a little, they seem to pick up more glide...though I'm not sure it's "glide" according to the strict definition or just the fact that they lose some high-speed stability, fly straighter, and thus become "longer".

For me, it's all about the way they feel in the hand. For the most part a Rancho can do anything a Ching can do, but the Ching just feels more comfortable, which translates to more confidence when I'm throwing them.

RustyP said:
GorillaTactics said:
Huh, interesting. Never seen one. Do they fly like broken in ranchos? sounds cool but obscure. :p

I always thought they were fairly common, but I'm finding out that not as many people know about them as I had thought.

Brand new they fly more stable than a new Rancho, but with a little less glide. When it comes to Mids, I like to have multiples of the same mold/weight, but in different stages of wear. I find that I can get a larger range of stabilities out of the Ching Roc, because is starts out more stable but will still beat in to become very flippy. As they age and get beaten-in a little, they seem to pick up more glide...though I'm not sure it's "glide" according to the strict definition or just the fact that they lose some high-speed stability, fly straighter, and thus become "longer".

For me, it's all about the way they feel in the hand. For the most part a Rancho can do anything a Ching can do, but the Ching just feels more comfortable, which translates to more confidence when I'm throwing them.
correct me if im wrong but arent most ching rocs not true DX but a weird pro/DX blend that is soft and tacky

Jesse B 707 said:
RustyP said:
GorillaTactics said:

correct me if im wrong but arent most ching rocs not true DX but a weird pro/DX blend that is soft and tacky

To be completely honest, I'm not really sure about that. I've got 2 older Ching Rocs (circa 2004) from the time before Innova switched their DX blend, and those 2 are most definitely straight DX. I don't throw enough current-production DX plastic to know if the new Chings are straight DX or a blend. The last one I bought is pretty slick and is definitely more durable than my older Chings...but again, I can't say for sure what the plastic is exactly.

The Shaolintrained Beat Roc. Anytime someone turned their DX Roc into that perfect beauty of a beat to hell Roc, they'd have to send it back to Innova and they'd stamp my signiture on it and send it back.

The shulewinder of course. It'll be a super flippy super unpredictable speed 17 disc made and endorsed by yours truely. Sometimes it will bomb 600 feet, sometimes it won't even flip to flat- just hyzer off into the brush, other times it will roll and keep turning right until it is coming back toward you.

Beetard said:
The shulewinder of course. It'll be a super flippy super unpredictable speed 17 disc made and endorsed by yours truely. Sometimes it will bomb 600 feet, sometimes it won't even flip to flat- just hyzer off into the brush, other times it will roll and keep turning right until it is coming back toward you.

Oh you mean like the slightly longer version of the putter basket dodger?

The 86 softie if they could ever make it in plastic that didn't fall apart after a year...the LLSDG softie sounds amazing :twisted:

Latest posts