• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda K Fisher = Underrated!!!

Bulls vs 6ers tix for Saturday 2 for $80 (face) 300 level straight behind the bucket, isle seats.
815-575-1917 txt or call me if ya know someone

Public service announcement-

We have another gem in the works in my area....

Hmmm...time to speculate.
I say Illinois Canyon, woo hoo!
I was stupid enough to take that 60 foot jump into the cold, deep, and tiny pool at the bottom of the waterfall when I was young ONCE. Had to jump out to clear the tree sticking out of rock wall, haha.
My other 2 speculative guesses:
Catlin park? Don't know about course potential, long time since I've been there. If you think dog crap is bad wait until the horses are out at Catlin. :)

Twin Creeks golf? I don't golf so not too familiar but hey, it worked for pine!

Catlin has some serious potential though they close for the winter. Still...

As long as I'm daydreaming...

Imagine what one could build on the Matthiessen and Hegeler Superfund site along the Little V in LaSalle.

Heading to trinity and then highland with a buddy till about 3. Then maybe the good ole Lombard commons on the way home or something like that.

Anyone want to join up with me and a bud... Txt or pm me!

I played that new Treehouz course in Branson, MO today. Definitely not worth the 4.90 rating that it has on this site. Probably local reviews. I believe that, because there are no good courses in this area so this course by far blows away anything within a few hours drive.

The land is beautiful, the course is beautiful, lots of great elevation changes and a few water hazards. They could have done a lot more though. The greens could have been tweaked on a few holes to make them more challenging. There is definitely room for multi-throw holes which they don't have. I saw lots of cool lines in the woods nearby that were not utilized. Although there are a few wooded holes which is nice.

That being said, this would be a fantastic course for spectators. Lots of elevation, pretty open fairways on a lot of holes and lots of room off fairways, lots of room to work cool lines with discs. If there was ever a final 9 set on this course it would be insane.

Yeah, those reviews look pretty sketch! Does look like a good course though.

----------------

On an unrelated note; basket #9 is missing at Summit. The center pole is still there, but the top, chains, and cage are all gone. I didn't play holes #10-#15, hopefully those aren't compromised.

Last edited:
The pictures of that Branson Course make me think a little of Bryant Lake where the maintenance and amenities are fantastic and that seems to outweigh the design for a lot of reviewers.

Maybe somebody just got frustrated with how utterly stupid that hole is :gross:

.......but yeah that does suck

As long as I'm daydreaming...

Imagine what one could build on the Matthiessen and Hegeler Superfund site along the Little V in LaSalle.

Mattiessen could host a pretty awesome course. I can picture holes shooting along, across and even in that little river valley. Too bad it is a state park and there is a ton of foot traffic there which means there will never be a course there.

I just realized I am an idiot - it was #8 at Summit, not #9.

Mattiessen could host a pretty awesome course. I can picture holes shooting along, across and even in that little river valley. Too bad it is a state park and there is a ton of foot traffic there which means there will never be a course there.

Right Matthiessen, wrong site. The place I was referring to is on the east side of LaSalle. Think derelict industrial with woods, elevation and water. It's Superfund at the present owing to heavy metal contamination but I suspect at some time in the future it will become parkland.

Google Maps

http://goo.gl/maps/oWkvn

Status
Not open for further replies.