• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

I've got 2 PDGA tournaments set so far- 4/19 The Marilla Mash C-tier in Streator. 5/10 Swinging Bridge Open C-tier in Pontiac. Getting my ducks in a row to run a matchplay tournament at Highland Park (Joliet) on Sun May 11. Tried to get some people together to help run a Team Tournament, but haven't had any luck yet.

Random question.....

Does anybody in Indiana know about a disc golf store that has recently been closed down?

Elwood/Indianapolis area maybe? Im not sure where?

I've got 2 PDGA tournaments set so far- 4/19 The Marilla Mash C-tier in Streator. 5/10 Swinging Bridge Open C-tier in Pontiac. Getting my ducks in a row to run a matchplay tournament at Highland Park (Joliet) on Sun May 11. Tried to get some people together to help run a Team Tournament, but haven't had any luck yet.

I'd be interested in helping out if you need it

Brett posted this on the Discontinuum forum. In case anyone here is following news on Squaw Creek (Fairfield redesign).

Brett,

I do not see any reason why you would not be able to run a tournament on
the weekend of August 9 - 10. We have only two major items left to
complete on the course before we make the change. These are building the
very last stockade hole for the gold level course which is the same as the
18th hole for the white level and all of the signage that we will need.
In the spring we will start the new mowing patterns and installing of the
mulch in the wooded areas and after the final hole is done we will be ready
to switch all of the baskets to the new configuration. I am hoping that at
the very latest to have this complete during the month of June if not
earlier.

Thanks,

Jeff Lurquin

Parks and Buildings Services Director

Round Lake Area Park District

Mark your calendars!

Brett posted this on the Discontinuum forum. In case anyone here is following news on Squaw Creek (Fairfield redesign).

Mark your calendars!

I'll be there. I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that most those changes will be done in the spring time....

.......thinkin about it. Its gonna be crazy cold that morning. If I sign up I could bring some salt for tees (although at 6degrees I'm not sure how much that will do). Mike? Do you know what the tees are like there? I was there on Sunday and they were pretty slick.......

If I do come its gonna be a Saturday morning decision (sorry)

.......thinkin about it. Its gonna be crazy cold that morning. If I sign up I could bring some salt for tees (although at 6degrees I'm not sure how much that will do). Mike? Do you know what the tees are like there? I was there on Sunday and they were pretty slick.......

If I do come its gonna be a Saturday morning decision (sorry)

Matt this is what I know they been out most of the week clearing pads
Group going out Friday afternoon and Saturday morning before.
ONLY 28 spots left

Ron reported that he cleared all of the tees (17 is the only tee not 100% ice free). We do not salt tees at Eagle Ridge so that they last longer. Thank you for the offer though. Douglas Adams has the best advice for Ice bowls. Bring a towel and Don't Panic. :)

Hope you can make it out. Registration opens at 8:30am.

Single digits? Tonight/tomorrow?