• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

(I think it's a secret)

I thought that got delayed along with the club invitational that was gonna be there

Starting Monday the road into Marilla Park will be closed for bridge work.
You will have to enter through the entrance in northeast corner by #15's tee.

Word is on the streets is that Ulibarri, Catrina Allen, and Drew Gibson were playing at Channy yesterday. Did anyone get to meet up with them?

Baskets went in this morning at Raintree Park in Woodstock. It's a mostly open nine holer by local player Jeff Kaufmann. From the McDonalds on 47 turn west on South St. Park is around the curve to the right.

New course in Woodstock

Are there teepads?

I found 7 of the 9 tee areas, couldn't find holes 2 and 3s.

Unless you want to get wet feet the course is not playable after the last few day's rain.

Looks like there will be a few decent holes. I will go back later after the course has a chance to dry out and play it.

Tee sign for #5 red on Foundation Park Champ 18 in Centralia, IL... please note the sponsor.
Thoughts, comments?

05183123.jpg

Didn't JasonC get people together to chip in for that a while back? It's probably in one of these threads somewhere.

I really don't know, but I'll look for the thread. I just recall thinking it was pretty cool when I saw that on the tee sign.

Looks like Hognosesucker got the ball rolling with this post, and JasonC, Notapro, et all jumped on board from there. Just curious I guess.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane BogeyNoMore!

I will get down there at some point to check out one of Illinois' finest courses. I don't remember exactly how much money I sent for that, but happy to see it.

Last edited:
Ha, I had forgotten all about that. Not sure if I actually donated anything? Probably did, I am a bit of a sucker. :D

I played the new Brookfield course this morning. They might as well cancel the grand opening and pull the course. What a waste of 7 baskets and a good amount of concrete. If Midwest DG was involved in the design, this is a new low for them. More likely someone who has never played DG came up with the layout. Aside from baskets too close to teepads, this course also features baskets too close to playgrounds, horseshoe pits, cornhole boards and baseball fields. Plenty of walking paths also in play. There were plenty of other park users out on a Thursday morning, so I can't imagine this place on a nice weekend day.

tldr - Don't bother playing Kiwanis Park in Brookfield.

Lol! Well, let me play it at least once before it gets razed.

Apparently baskets are in at the new Lockport course (Dellwood Park?). Anyone been out there?

Latest posts