• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova FL

holyschemp1

Par Member
Can anyone run me down on the FL, the firebird-less stable. The search function isn't working for me and I couldn't find it on the main page. From the flight ratings, it seems like it'd be teebird like, with speed making up for glide. Is this accurate? My interest in this disk is something with a predator-like finish but a more straight flight

Kind of a straight teebird flight, but the finish won't be quite predatorish. It would be a bit softer fade, while still hooking hard. Mind you, I haven't thrown one in quite a while.

I agree with the previous poster. Very straight flight, with a somewhat strong fade when new, but nothing like a Firebird/Predator. With very little wear, the ones I've had seem to lose alot of their fade and fly like a longer Teebird.

So I picked up a really gorgeous star FL-168 and took it out to work with on a wide open course. I don't quite know what to think--I guess it is like a new DX teebird but with zero glide. This might be weird but i could actually see this replacing some of my putter drives, seems to have a hellishly predictable finish and seems to very, very forgiving about oat/release mistakes.