• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Innova Pro plastic comparisons?

codylanser3

Bogey Member
I have tried searching for a related thread but no luck as of now. So if there is a more appropriate thread please lead me in that direction.

I just recently bought an Pro Beast and first 5 throws were just money. The grip and the glide were just amazing. I have done some research on disc that come in pro plastic for innova but there were not many fairway drivers or disc I loved in that plastic.

My question is what other companies have plastic blends very similar to the pro plastic Innova makes?

even the pro from innova varies so much.
there are so many kinds of pro

Your best bet for finding a Pro style plastic would be to look at a lot of other companies baseline plastic. To me, Pro feels like cheaper star(I do love my Pro Beast though) I'd say EliteX, but it seems to be quite grippier than the Pro plastic I believe you're talking about. I would check each companies baseline or step up plastic, that would be your best bet. A lot of companies that are newer to the market or the U.S. tend to run a base plastic, champion style plastic, and star style plastic. Does that help? If not sorry for wasting your time lol

If you find a disc that you really like, get more of the same run. Same plastic, weight, PLH, color even. Otherwise, you will most likely never find a match much over 90%.

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I just realized I had typed a lot and didn't want to be non-helpful

No offense taken. Thanks for all your advise. I was thinking maybe Dynamic Disc or another company might have had similar plastic like the Pro with feeling and glide and etc..

Last I heard, base line Millennium plastic actually is Pro plastic. That could be outdated information, though.

X from Discraft is similar, too. I think it's superior but I also find that whether or not a molds "works" in Pro/X plastic is just as important as anything. Some molds seem to get squirrley when beat even just a little.

Last I heard, base line Millennium plastic actually is Pro plastic. That could be outdated information, though.

X from Discraft is similar, too. I think it's superior but I also find that whether or not a molds "works" in Pro/X plastic is just as important as anything. Some molds seem to get squirrley when beat even just a little.

The Millennium plastic seems to vary in softness and firmness much like the Innova pro plastic, so I think you're correct they're the same.

Not many companies have that second-step-up from base blend out there. Dynamic/Latitude has Classic/Zero plastic, which doesn't beat up as much as DX but doesn't have the driver Pro sheen to it. I believe Legacy has Gravity and Protege, but few molds in that, too.

For the largest variety of molds, you'll probably be stuck with Innova, Discraft, or Millennium. That's not a bad problem to have, as between the three of them you can find plenty of quality molds.

No offense taken. Thanks for all your advise. I was thinking maybe Dynamic Disc or another company might have had similar plastic like the Pro with feeling and glide and etc..

DD's classic plastic does have a pro-plastic feel to it. Though I don't know what all discs come in the classic plastic.

I think discmania s line feels similar, but that is only comparing it to my pro valk.

Innova has a lot of "pro" plastic as a mid-grade option. The blend you're talking about is referred to as "driver pro" since, that's what they run their drivers in. The blend has varied over the years.

Millennium's "Millennium" plastic is the same, and so is Discmania's P-Line.

I see a lot of Pro Destroyers, Wraiths, Valkyries. In my bag you'll always find a Pro Leopard or two, as well as a P-Line PD or two. I love the grip, glide, durability and price. I've lost 2 PPD's this winter, and each time I drop a new one in I hit the ground running with hyzer flipping stable goodness w/o having to season it for a season or two first.

I'm glad to the the pro plastic getting some love. 90% of my tee shots are with a pro valk or pro leo at 166g each. I've always wondered why more people don't use pro plastic. I think it has more glide which equals more distance. I also think it's the least stable of all the innova plastics including DX although I know everyone doesn't agree with me on this.

Pro is a wildly inconsistent plastic, but the elite x from discraft and the Proline from Lightning share similar to the Innova Pro plastics. The elite x is like some of the best pro plastic in the stiffer driver mixes and the Proline is like the stiffer yeti pros or the less grippy KC pros.

^This is correct.
I wish that innova would make eagle x's in pro.
My understanding is that many 'X' molds don't turn out well in Pro plastic. So there's a decent chance that what you think a Pro Eagle-X would be like is not very close to what an actual Pro Eagle-X would be.

Now what I wish they'd do is release more discs in the KC Pro Roc type plastic.

the various pro plastics are my favorite blends. if I could replace everything in my bag with pro I would be set. I cycle pro Wraiths like crazy, probably own a dozen of them. KC, JK pro Aviars always in the bag along with pro rhyno's, R-pro XD's, pro valk, hopefully more in the future.

My understanding is that many 'X' molds don't turn out well in Pro plastic. So there's a decent chance that what you think a Pro Eagle-X would be like is not very close to what an actual Pro Eagle-X would be.

Now what I wish they'd do is release more discs in the KC Pro Roc type plastic.

PPDs come out really nice. They have the Firebird rim, the -X-est of -X molds. They have that same little "rim bead" type of lip that Teebirds and Eagles have. They would be less stable, naturally, but they wouldn't have to be -L molds.