• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Website

Am I a terrible person?

• Yes, show some respect.

Votes: 39 48.8%
  • No, it's a valid complaint.

Votes: 41 51.3%

• Total voters

El Oso Peligroso

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
If you check out http://www.innovadiscs.com right now, you'll see that one of their founders, Timothy Lawrence Selinske passed away last night. First I'd like to say that I'm sorry for their loss, but secondly I'd like to say that I'm kind of pissed that I can't look at their discs right now. There's nothing wrong with changing your main page to honor the memory of Mr. Selinske, but is having a button at the bottom that allows you to continue to the rest of their site really that much to ask?

Am I being disrespectful or do you guys think this is a valid complaint?

You can buy Innova crap everywhere you look. What's so pressing that you need to get on their site?

I think your right. That sucks that he died and everything but I want to check something out there.

You can buy Innova crap everywhere you look. What's so pressing that you need to get on their site?

What if I wanted to do some research? I feel bad that he died I do, but like the other guy said, you could have a little button at the bottom.

I'd have to agree with the dangerous bear here, they should have left a link to the main site.

It is a shame that he passed away and by all means they should make it the main page but also life moves on. They should at least have a button at the bottom so you can go to the regular website.

Well thats just great, we werent talking about that link, we were talking about the main website.

I can appreciate that they want to honor the memory of the founder, but it is a bit annoying that they've shut down their entire site. Mourning is normal, but I wonder if this is going to be bad for their business.

When Steady Ed died, they turned his ashes into discs and sold them. Which is preferable?

I can appreciate that they want to honor the memory of the founder, but it is a bit annoying that they've shut down their entire site. Mourning is normal, but I wonder if this is going to be bad for their business.

When Steady Ed died, they turned his ashes into discs and sold them. Which is preferable?

If I recall, that was his wish. And they didn't sell all of them they threw one on top of the roof.

I agree it's BS. I imagine ol' Tim would not have not wanted them to take down their entire site. It's just bad business. :(

But don't you guys think it's nice to see a company that cares more about one of their employees than their website where you can't even buy stuff from??

I think it's a very respectable move.

It's disc golf. Not the instructions to the life support machine that's failing your grandmother in her time of need. Is your bag that empty? Do you really need to know if that Polecat comes in Champ plastic at a 164 grams? DO YOU REALLY NEED TO GET ON THE INNOVA SITE THAT BAD? Seriously? Give the guy a moment of silence. It's obviously what they wanted. It'll probably be back up tomorrow. Monday at the latest. I can personally guarantee you'll survive. This entire thread should have been a tribute to Tim Selinske. Nice one guys. Biggups yourselves. You're all that matters.

Life is more important than any game we can play.

Innova is a great company that cares and any true fan knows most, if not all the disc specs. If not, other sites have it listed.

Anybody who would complain about not having the site up needs to check whats important in life and not be selfish. It will be back up soon. If you can't wait go buy discrap.

It's disc golf. Not the instructions to the life support machine that's failing your grandmother in her time of need. Is your bag that empty? Do you really need to know if that Polecat comes in Champ plastic at a 164 grams? DO YOU REALLY NEED TO GET ON THE INNOVA SITE THAT BAD? Seriously? Give the guy a moment of silence. It's obviously what they wanted. It'll probably be back up tomorrow. Monday at the latest. I can personally guarantee you'll survive. This entire thread should have been a tribute to Tim Selinske. Nice one guys. Biggups yourselves. You're all that matters.

This guy has the right idea. ;)

Latest posts