• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's Flight Chart

REDARMY

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
i think all of us innova fans can agree it's a great resource, but when the hell are they going to update it????

no place on the chart for the mako or katana, and it still doesn't show the roc as being available in star plastic.

what gives????

Maybe they have adopted the Gateway philosophy of updating their website once every two years. :D

i think all of us innova fans can agree it's a great resource, but when the hell are they going to update it????

no place on the chart for the mako or katana, and it still doesn't show the roc as being available in star plastic.

what gives????

He is talking about this chart:

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/index.html

The most recent Innova releases are on the Innova site, but they are not linked to this chart.

They probably will have to add the SM Roc as a different disc altogether and the Mako, both which will be speed 4 Mids. They will have to redo the chart to do that, there isn't room for both. They could probably cram the Mako in there if they add the Star SM Roc just as a Roc variant.

Right now is dead time for disc sales. I'm sure they will have it worked out by spring when we all start loading up on discs again.

Joes flight chart, as much as I love it, is even MORE out of date. Keep hoping they update it so I can still use it a year from now.

Not to hi-jack this thread, but I think this begs the question, "What chart do you refer to when comparing discs, especially across company lines?" Most appear to be very comprehensive, but are not up-to-date. I have found myself using DGC's ratings and forming my own chart when interested in multiple discs.

Did anybody ever give you a heads up about Lindenwood, or did they blow you off?

Lindenwood is in! only went in a week or so ago, but i've already reviewed it and played it twice!

a friend of mine and fellow user here should have pictures up in the near future.

(i thought there was a specific thread for lindenwood in the 'courses in development' section but since that seems to have disappeared, i just posted a blurb about it being in in the 'courses in st. charles' thread in the same section)

to actually answer your question, no i didn't get a heads up, nor did most of the st. louis club, until a guy from the quail ridge league posted something on the RCF forums.

/do i get to hijack my own thread?

Lindenwood is in! only went in a week or so ago, but i've already reviewed it and played it twice!

a friend of mine and fellow user here should have pictures up in the near future.

(i thought there was a specific thread for lindenwood in the 'courses in development' section but since that seems to have disappeared, i just posted a blurb about it being in in the 'courses in st. charles' thread in the same section)

to actually answer your question, no i didn't get a heads up, nor did most of the st. louis club, until a guy from the quail ridge league posted something on the RCF forums.

/do i get to hijack my own thread?
Ah, the St. Louis tradition is still in place! It goes something like this:

Step One: Volunteer for something and get blown off.

Step Two: Make a suggestions and get a defensive "where were you when we worked on this?" blow off. :wall:

Repeat steps one and two until you don't give a damn anymore.

It's good to see some things never change.

well, to be fair, of the 4 most recent courses to go in (El Shaddai, Unger, Arnold City, Lindenwood) Unger is unique in that respect since it is on public property (so is Arnold, but that doesn't fall specifically under the RCF umbrella, the JC Sharpshooters take the reins there) and El Shaddai and Lindenwood aren't specifically public property (El Shaddai especially).

So Unger was the only course that the RCF could really have a tie-in to to get volunteers out there to work, and i simply couldn't make it out there for the pin installs last year. There was however, plenty of posting on the RCF boards last year to help get that course in (and the volunteers showed up accordingly), and likewise there was plenty of info around to get folks out there this fall to get tee posts poured/installed and stumps removed (which i and others did make it out for).

on the whole, however, you are correct in asserting that it is still odd that most non-time or course specific offers to volunteer aren't answered. :/

Last edited:
I'd also like to add that there was a leadership change with the RCF this October, so the communication process on our behalf (not dave mac's) IS improving.

(no disrespect to former RCF president Jeff I., as info flow was good, but it is better under the current leadership)

Back to the original question.

This can become one of those "be the change you want to see in the world" issues: Maybe some of our members can collaborate and make a dgcr-approved chart? It would be devilish to ask any one person to make a full chart for all discs in production of every brand, but if we get enough people together and cross-examine each other's work, we might could pull together a fairly up-to-date chart. The trick is we couldn't use any copyrighted material, so we'd have to start from scratch rather than build out from the mfg.'s numbers.

The reason Joe's Flight Chart and others fall behind is that discs come out and people expect the numbers NOW! The Katana isn't really even out yet, to have one you have to pay CFR prices. Blake probably doesn't even have any to test yet. Then you have to go in and change the chart all around, save the new pdf and link it to the site...and by the time you do that Gateway will release the Ninja and you will do it again, and again, and again, and again...:wall: I can understand why they update it once a year and let it fall a bit behind from time to time. The "new disc" buzz sells those discs anyway, not being on the chart probably does not hurt from a sales perspective.

If DCGR had a chart it would eventually fall behind as well. By the time you got all the data, formatted the chart and got it posted some company like ABC discs would pop up with more discs to review. Who is paying for all the tester discs? I'd rather leave it to GGGT or some other place that is going to buy the discs anyway to take care of it and cut them some slack when they fall behind.

As for Innova, it's pretty silly that the Mako isn't on the chart. Somebody has dropped the ball there.

i never thought about it that way. plus once you add in the variations in plastic you wont be able to fit it in a single page. you will need like 2 legal size sheets

I love when this chart doesn't match up with the ratings on each discs's page.
Click through and you'll find a few that are wrong.
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html

I don't really get the need for the Innova/Marshall Street charts. If you're that into the ratings then I would think clicking through the "faster/slower" links on Disc Golf Center would get you the disc with the ratings you want.

Of course my dream is to be able to punch in numbers for speed, glide, etc and have a disc suggested to me.

I love when this chart doesn't match up with the ratings on each discs's page.
Click through and you'll find a few that are wrong.
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html

I don't really get the need for the Innova/Marshall Street charts. If you're that into the ratings then I would think clicking through the "faster/slower" links on Disc Golf Center would get you the disc with the ratings you want.

Of course my dream is to be able to punch in numbers for speed, glide, etc and have a disc suggested to me.

Problem with that with Disc Golf center is, you click on more HSS and you also get slower or faster and it doesnt really get you very far I dont think.