• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes sir the one and only.. hope to see you guys there.. Adam isnt going to TD this year but hope the payouts will be the same.. i know you guys have done well there in the past.. believe it will be at Grand Central this year tho not sertoma

The SC Doubles Championship will be at Grand Central. In March, I believe.

I have stepped down from the TD perch for 2013. The AM Worlds are in my home state of Minnesota. I will be working with my two youngest boys now through summer of 2014. The will be coached up for the 10 and under Juniors Division.

Thrown them any??

No, but what my noodle arm could do with them wouldn't matter to anyone anyway. I've seen Lavone and several of the UAH team throwing prototypes over the last several month. Some of my friends threw the Overstable long range driver (no clue what it will be called). It flew destroyer-like for the big arms, and much more overstable for the female who tried it. I did see Jared Neal throw one close to 650ft.

What other discs do they have? Understable driver? Fairway what type of mids, putters?

if i had to put a dollar on it i'd guess something similar to the aviar, roc, leopard, teebird, firebird, and destroyer...and then fill in the gaps later.

i'm more interested myself in the plastic blends than the molds. a company who is recruiting all of these top level pros aren't going to do anything crazy with mold design. i'd imagine they will be similar to the tried and true classics that these guys are used to throwing.

what if prodigy successfully cloned CE and each of the charter team members had a page to the recipe?

What other discs do they have? Understable driver? Fairway what type of mids, putters?

I have no idea. There are supposedly 6 different molds, but I have only held the one. There are others here that have thrown them, but probably can't say anything due to their relationship with Prodigy. I am just a guy a little closer to the source, but with no real info on the overall plan.

The plastic I felt was most similar to champion plastic

I have no idea. There are supposedly 6 different molds, but I have only held the one. There are others here that have thrown them, but probably can't say anything due to their relationship with Prodigy. I am just a guy a little closer to the source, but with no real info on the overall plan.

The plastic I felt was most similar to champion plastic

Any idea where these discs are being made? Most companies today have their plastic made by a large manufacturer (discraft, innova, lat64) so are these guys outsourcing or are they actually doing their own thing? Anyone know? I would be surprised if they are having someone else making their discs considering they have had all those pros leave the main manufacturers.

i'm more interested myself in the plastic blends than the molds. a company who is recruiting all of these top level pros aren't going to do anything crazy with mold design. i'd imagine they will be similar to the tried and true classics that these guys are used to throwing.

This is what I'm wondering too. With six molds that act different across different plastics, ala the PD/Roc, a pro could more than likely be brand exclusive. It would probably take more than a couple months to build an arsenal, but I imagine it could be possible by mid-season (best case scenario).

I'm sure they'll still be carrying a mixed bag for at least a year though.

legacy insists that their discs aren't made by anybody involved with the sport, so it's not out of the question that these will be made by somebody completely outside of the dg world.

This is what I'm wondering too. With six molds that act different across different plastics, ala the PD/Roc, a pro could more than likely be brand exclusive. It would probably take more than a couple months to build an arsenal, but I imagine it could be possible by mid-season (best case scenario).

I'm sure they'll still be carrying a mixed bag for at least a year though.

makes you wonder if these pros didn't have a little input as far as what types of discs they'd like to see produced, or at least for the first few molds.

if what we're hearing is true, and the sponsored players are getting a cut of sales/equity in the company it would make me feel good knowing my personal input was considered when designing a mold that i'll be throwing and making a living off of.

Buzz

Wonder if all this buzz is exactly what they are going for. Build up all this hype before Jan. 1 and then wait for everyone line up to buy their discs.

Wonder if all this buzz is exactly what they are going for. Build up all this hype before Jan. 1 and then wait for everyone line up to buy their discs.

That failed miserably for Discraft with Ti.

I don't think there was any intention to build buzz, it just happened as people started learning that top players were leaving their big time sponsors.

No FB here. Anything worth mentioning on the photo? Or post it here?

Nah. It's just a screen cap of a tournament registartion showing Will, Paige, Colglazier etc. All of those folks are just Journey Post sponsored players. I don't think there's anything secretive there.

makes you wonder if these pros didn't have a little input as far as what types of discs they'd like to see produced, or at least for the first few molds.

if what we're hearing is true, and the sponsored players are getting a cut of sales/equity in the company it would make me feel good knowing my personal input was considered when designing a mold that i'll be throwing and making a living off of.

That's kind of what I imagine too. Since they left their sponsors, I can't imagine they would've done it without knowing the equipment they'd be throwing didn't fill the shots they currently have. Your earlier list, minus a utility disc or two, sounds about like the standard fare for most pros. Maybe an Eagle instead of the Leopard?

Hopefully the pros had input. Maybe their first putter release will be firm, non-waxy, and grippy. I just got my Judges today, and they are WAY too soft. The pink's a little firmer than the white, but I prefer the Gateway-style firm rim regardless of flightplate pliability. Both of mine feel like a Soft Magnet...blech.

Status
Not open for further replies.