• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interest in weekly podcast with content you guys want?

Should there be a community run weekly podcast that has content YOU want?

• Yes, that would be awesome!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No(if you choose this please state why).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pureedemise

So, I was thinking that we could get a weekly podcast type thing going on once a week, with content that the disc golf community would like to talk about.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a podcast, but we could do something like a talk show where people would call in and answer questions we pose.

If anyone has any awesome suggestions, or would love to help do this as well, I was considering doing this every Tuesday, or Thursday from around 7:30/8 PM CST to 10 PM CST. Also, I would upload the entire show to YouTube on my channel.

Also, a variety of people could call in and we would ask experience level, years played, and other things as a bit of background. Then, it would be interesting to see how answers would vary between people's skill level and time playing.

Also, people could ask things on-air and there would be more discussion through that. Things such as winter routines, and how to improve over the "off-season" since rounds you can play are usually cut down.

Then, the next day I would compose a HUGE summary of the show, such as the questions that were asked, the varying answers that were said, and good points that people brought up.

Thanks to anyone who checks this out or gives any suggestions!

The thing that would really make my show better, IMO, is that I would consistently be doing a show once a week. Also, instead of making my own schedule about things I want to talk about. It would be all content that the people of DGCR & Reddit want.

I'm not saying yours would be different, just pointing out that something similar is out there already.

It's also worth noting that when they do interviews, they usually come on here soliciting questions from listeners.

I'm not saying yours would be different, just pointing out that something similar is out there already.

It's also worth noting that when they do interviews, they usually come on here soliciting questions from listeners.
Yes, they're similar, but aren't all podcasts really? But also, I don't like how his shows can have such a gap between them. I like having something reliable to listen to personally, and so do many people. Having one every week would be great because there is always new content coming out.

Yes, they're similar, but aren't all podcasts really? But also, I don't like how his shows can have such a gap between them. I like having something reliable to listen to personally, and so do many people. Having one every week would be great because there is always new content coming out.

As long as you can come up with enough content to make it interesting. You don't want to sacrifice quality in favor of quantity. It may actually work better as a bi-monthly podcast rather than weekly.

I listen to many podcasts. I'd listen regularly to a disc golf podcast....IF some level of production value was present. I've tried them all and I just can't get myself to stick with it due to audio quality, mush-mouths, and just general production values. I realize that none of these guys are broadcasters and don't have the great equipment it takes to put out a great product. I like the idea, but I can't listen to the current products.

As long as you can come up with enough content to make it interesting. You don't want to sacrifice quality in favor of quantity. It may actually work better as a bi-monthly podcast rather than weekly.
I honestly feel like there's enough things that go on on a weekly basis that content would be good enough. If there isn't enough, then I could definitely do it bi-weekly, but I think bi-monthly and even monthly is just a bit too much.

I honestly feel like there's enough things that go on on a weekly basis that content would be good enough. If there isn't enough, then I could definitely do it bi-weekly, but I think bi-monthly and even monthly is just a bit too much.

It's easy right now. But after 10 weeks, 20 weeks, a year, you may find yourself struggling to continue to come up with new ideas. Don't blitz it and run out of good talking points too quickly.

If you stick around this forum long enough, you'll start to notice that the "chatter" gets pretty repetitive pretty quickly.

It's easy right now. But after 10 weeks, 20 weeks, a year, you may find yourself struggling to continue to come up with new ideas. Don't blitz it and run out of good talking points too quickly.

If you stick around this forum long enough, you'll start to notice that the "chatter" gets pretty repetitive pretty quickly.

Yea I will agree with this. Last year we did it about every week and it got to be overwhelming. I cut it back some this year because life has gotten in the way. This summer was about playing and having fun so I decided to cut back a little. I can say that though I have had a blast doing it and you would too. Go for it I say and if you need any help let me know.

Yea I will agree with this. Last year we did it about every week and it got to be overwhelming. I cut it back some this year because life has gotten in the way. This summer was about playing and having fun so I decided to cut back a little. I can say that though I have had a blast doing it and you would too. Go for it I say and if you need any help let me know.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna do it as a bi-weekly thing. After hearing many of these opinions, a weekly thing does seem like it would run out of content pretty fast. Thanks for the support though! I'll definitely come to you if I need any help. Thinking about starting this up January 2nd, and having it every other Thursday.

Just a bit of advise.

Podcasts are generally best at 1/2 to 1 hour shows. I have had many tell me once you get past an hour most people stop listening. I know I am that way and generally get distracted after 45 minutes or so.

As far as having people call in, well i have been trying to get people to do that for almost 3 years now and really have had few to do so. Now I don't ask people to call in and just stick with letting people list questions that we ask.

With that said though maybe you will have more luck with that being that you want to do a content type show compared to a interview type show that we do.

Good Luck!!

Aurora Illinois.....wasn't that the town wayne's world was set in? You should do the show on public cable access.

Latest posts