• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interview with Pro Disc Golfer Brian Schweberger

Chainchaser

Double Eagle Member
When: June 12 th
Time:9:30 PM EST
Where:Disc Golf Talk Radio Live

If you have any questions you would like us to ask Brian please post them here. If you would like to ask a question live on the show then send me a message here or contact me on facebook, just search Disc Golf talk radio.

ask him how he keeps losing to a 16yo kid named Wiggins...

While I'm sure thats tongue in cheek and as good as wiggins is, ol schwebby already has 8 wins to David's 4. Of course he's played in a few more tourneys.

Tell him if he or Johansen doesn't win a USDGC soon the state of North Carolina is going to have to cut them both off.

(A Charlotte worlds title would be acceptable)

Ask him if he feels like throwing thumbers is cheating.

:trollfacesmiley:

I really want to know his opinion of the Epic.

This is a truly serious question.

honestly, i'm not joking.

lol yeah i would also be kinda curious.. one would have to assume as much OH shots as he takes he as at least played around with one at one point or another

Ask what it will take for disc golf to get to the level that bass fishing is at.
Sorry I don't bring up bass fishing in the show any more because to many people complained. I will say though it would be nice to see the DG world champion win $500,000 like the bass fishing world champion does instead of a measly 7 grand.:wall: It is really not a fair comparison though since fishing has been around for so long and disc golf is relatively new in comparison, although competitive bass fishing really only took hold in the 60's. Plus in bass fishing you have 50 thousand dollar boats and a whole bunch of other cool stuff that big sponsors can get behind. In disc golf you have some disc's in a bag that you carry on your back.;) Also the fan base for just the B.A.S.S. alone is over 500,000 members strong, FLW is really big also and the PDGA numbers can not even get close to that. Although more people play disc golf than what the PDGA membership is, when a big company like Toyota looks at bass fishing they see a need for their tundra truck and membership to make it worth their while.

I will say this though that the disc golfers that come to the show to listen blow away any of my bass fishing shows. I do brag that up to all my fishing friends and I truly do appreciate everyone that shows up to the show and also those who download afterwards. I don't make a dime on this and do it promote this great game. This year has been a transition for me since my arm is better I have made commitment to play more disc golf this year than fish. I am trying to relearn my form and game after taking a year off last year because of my arm injury. It's going slowly but I am having fun doing it. I hope to play in a few local tourney's as the year goes along.

Last edited:
Since he's somewhat of a regional player and doesn't tour nationally as much as other top players, what are some of his favorite non-east coast courses?

Ask him about the progress if any of getting a course established in Tarboro. If it is still in the works and if a possible date has been set.

It seems every few weeks I have a rounds where things are just off. I'll shank everything from my drives to 10 ft. Putts. I'd like to know if he has any advice for salvaging a round like this, especially in a tourny setting

Here's a pic of Scwebby I took this year at the Loriella Challenge...

LoriellaChallenge133.jpg

Brian,

How have you managed to stay upbeat and happy on the disc golf course throughout the years? There are many pros that have become burnt out and bitter about the lack of money in the game. What has been your success keep that positive attitude going.
*Side note* Was on the same card at KC Pro Worlds which Brian thumbed a shot in from the fairway at Blue Valley for an Eagle 2. Just sick!*

Hopefully I got to everyone's questions last night if not I am Sorry!! It was a great show and thanks to all that showed up. I will have the podcast out in a few days.

Latest posts