• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is Daylight Savings time the un/official start to disc golf season?

Does DST mark the beginning of the disc golf season?

• Yes

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 53.7%

• Total voters
daylight savings means the start of our local dubs season.

Not for me. I play almost every day. :thmbup:For us die hard Disc'rs/unemployed

fixed. jobs have some benefits and some drawbacks :\

I live in the burbs of philly so changing of the clocks makes it possible to play after work at the same time it is warming up so it does give a lot more available time to play.

Daylight savings = about 2 feet left of snow on the ground

Have been playing all winter anyway. However, in my neck of the woods disc season starts roughly about May 1

1) melt snow - not until at least April 1

2) melt snow in the shade - april 15

3) ground soggy as all get out, temps still in 40's - april 30

4) better bring a towel! Until mid-may

Why do I live in MN? Honestly, I don't know. Any locals have good excuses?

I disc year round, suckas! :hardsmiley:

Let me clarify...

Would like advice from anyone who isn't a displaced Packer fan. Please go back to wisconsin

All joking aside.... seriously. go home.

That just hurts, I had no choice of moving here at the time.

I wish we had the melt like we did last year. All the snow was gone before the last week of march. But with the 50s temps and rain we'll be getting over the next week the snow should go away pretty fast.

In all honesty

Football fans are a-ok
Discers are a-ok
Minnesotans are a-ok

I myself was from Iowa originally. I just like to talk a little trash. Like you, I am hoping for a speedy thaw. Some 50's temps this week mixed with a little rain. Can't wait to see grass.

Have you played any of the courses in Chaska? Downs farm or the middle school? always looking for skilled throwers to play with!

I have not gone any further west than EP and Shako so far. But im hoping to play many many more courses this coming spring/summer/fall. And im not of legal age yet ;)

Season starts Jan. 2nd and end Dec 23rd, even disc golf.gets a Xmas vacation in my book

I pulled the practice basket out for the first time in a long time.

Was 100% at 15'
Was 80% at 20'
Was 40% at 25'
Was 20% at 30'

I know what I need to work on!!

On top of that the worlds most annoying dogs constantly barked the entire 30 minutes I was out there and I have decided that if I can learn to drop 30' putts with 3 A-holes behind me barking incessently like the inbred retards they are then I should be able to make tourney putts.