• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a disc that totally changed your game?

^^^^ yeah i guess zone would be right there with me too.. kinda tied with BB Aviar & Comet ... give me those three and im good to go

Pro Leopard.

At first; yeah, it was a forgiving disc but it just never seemed sexy. Every time I go for sexy though, the Leopard seems to pull me back as if to say "You moron! I'm right here. Why would you possibly need to throw anything else?" I look at it and say "well, it is windy in my face." and it says "Oh. Well; throw something else now, but any other time, just throw me."

Seriously though. I probably am not going to wow anyone with a crazy flight or jaw dropping rip; but the damned things get the job done within budget (par) more than any other disc I have seen.

Driver - GL River. This thing has helped both my BH and FH. Added a lot of distance and even more confidence to my BH. If I had to play a round with just one disc it would be a River. Thank you Lat 64!

Mid range - Z Buzzz, Buzzz SS. These gave me a lot of confidence when I disced down. Moved on the the Pain shortly afterwards and have not looked back. (Core and Fuse is in there too).

Putters - Magic. Just feels right in my hand and it allows me to push Putt from a fairly good distance. Thinking of trying the Pure though. My Putt game still needs some work (I'm sure I will be saying that for my entire life).

oh i forgot to mention my xxx its not super long for me but it wont flip... or at least not for me. love it but nebula is still tops for me

Wizards for sure. They exposed all my flaws driving. Now if I could just learn to putt with them.

the one and only star beast, this disc got me my first 300 ft distance drive, i love this disc to death even though its not apart of my bag, (replaced by vulcan) but for those beginners wanting distance quick, the star beast wont steer u wrong

Probably the Wizard and the Comet. While neither are in my bag anymore, both were the discs that really taught me how to spin a disc when I began throwing primarily backhand in 2006.

Lat 64 Pain. Got one Opto and a Gold Line. Nice grip, feels good on longer putts even, very reliable fade. I can huck it out there close to 300' or power down.

Blowfly - Used to be a horrible putter and roll-aways killed me multiple times a round. The blowfly convinced me to go for putts because if I made any basket contact 95+% of the time it was stopping within 10 feet. I quit worrying about what would happen when I missed and as a result I started making putts. Confidence to make the shot is half the battle.

I haven't been playing long, but the Polaris LS has helped me tremendously with my drives. I throw RHFH and its my go-to.

when i lost my axis my game took a dump... i think it was all in my head. got a new one today in the mail, my mid game felt great.

For me it was the PD.

My Firebird was a bit too overstable for me for everyday use as a control driver unless it was into a strong head wind. The PD, when new, was moderately overstable, but I could get some distance on it so that I could start to use it for those controlled placement drives, spike hyzers, S-shots, skip shots, etc. It helped me develop that part of my game.

Now, I've gotten very comfortable with placing controlled shots with them and they are the first driver I reach for. I usually carry 3 in wear stages and different plastics to cover moderately overstable, stable (Teebird like) and turnover (seasoned Eagle-X like) and use them as short as 275 and up to 375ish with a high level of confidence of where it's goung to go.

Champion Orc was my first baby but when i have to put some serious D on it will go for my Champion Wraith. But my Cahmpion Wraith is my new go to tailwind. Boss for headwind. Nothing but Champion!!!

The disc that changed my game was the Aviar. Never had a Aviar in my bag, though. Before the Aviar, we all threw Frisbees. A friend got an Aviar, and we all thought it was insanely overstable. Eventually we figured out how to throw the Aviar, and suddenly it became possible to throw for distance with a low ceiling.

Yeah, this was a long time ago. The Aviar was the warp speed driver of its day. Now you kids get off my lawn! ;)

star wraiths in a lighter weight. wizards definatley helped my putting. and boss for sidearms. also the teebird is the best driver ever made IMO

Star Vulcans increased my drives by about 50 on average. The bad throws i have with them go
As far as the good throws i used to have.

Latest posts