• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Is there a putter for people with big hands?

arodsteezy

Par Member
I'd like to try out a putter that is about as wide as a midrange. I have fairly big hands and I can't get a really good feel from my wizards. My middle finger gets pretty close the the middle of the disc. I know the aero is very wide but I'd like something that isn't as fast/glidey as the aero. Any suggestions? Thanks :popcorn:

have you tried just putting with a mid? I hear people using buzzes and rocs all the time to putt. some are deadly accurate

An XD putter to me looks almost like a midrange

That being said I met a guy a few years ago that putted with a Wraith. It was the damnest thing I have ever seen, but he was matching me putt for putt, and made it work well, so more power to him

I putted with a Star Coyote for a while, and it worked pretty good. I just prefer putters

I have big hands too and always thought that a deeper putter would feel better for me, but it turns out that I like shallow putters. It's really just a 'what feels right in your hand' sorta thing.

EDIT: XD or a Tangent are my disc suggestions

Last edited:
have you tried just putting with a mid? I hear people using buzzes and rocs all the time to putt. some are deadly accurate

Yeah I have and it did feel a lot better in the hand. The only thing I have a problem with is the mental aspect of not using the disc as intended. It just throws me off.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming. I will look into the XD and the bulldog. Does anyone know where I can find profile pics?

A KC Pro Aviar or a Discraft Challenger has a pretty deep rim. I have some buddies who have huge hands and they use those discs.

I also have some friends who use Voodoo's like me and they are a medium depth.They're hands are a lot bigger than mine and they do fine with a Voodoo.

People are complaining about the Money being too deep in the Money thread, so I'll recommend that~

I am not seeing anyone say the AERO from Innova. That was my first putter. It has a slightly larger diameter that a Buzzz, but flies straight as an arrow.

I liked putting with the P2 by discmania, it is an aviar with a spacer which makes it deeper and fits my hand nicer. It also comes in Dx, Kc pro and star plastic. They don't have a massive following on here but they are IMO great for us large handed individuals. Like the PD the P2 offers a wide stability range through all the plastics which is nice. I like the D-P2 for putting and S-P2 for driving. Good luck with your search!

Last edited:
I would suggest a heavy Pro D Rattler. It's deeper than a regular putter, and lid-like. It would probably fit a big hand well.

The best bet is a Pro D Zeppelin, but they are OOP. I'm sure you could rustle up a nice stack of them in the MP though, no problem.

I'd like to try out a putter that is about as wide as a midrange. I have fairly big hands and I can't get a really good feel from my wizards. My middle finger gets pretty close the the middle of the disc. I know the aero is very wide but I'd like something that isn't as fast/glidey as the aero. Any suggestions? Thanks :popcorn:

Could you elaborate on your thought process a bit? I'm not sure what you're expecting to change...my initial reaction is your solution doesn't address your problem.

Does anyone know where to find the specs for each putter? Diameter, rim depth, etc.

Could you elaborate on your thought process a bit? I'm not sure what you're expecting to change...my initial reaction is your solution doesn't address your problem.

I don't like the way my wizards fit in my hand with a fan grip. When I putt with something like a mid or an aero, it feels better. That's really it.