• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this happening in your area?

Guys thanks for all the replies. Everyone has made good points here.
The A, B, C, ...D options for clubs was right on point. It's no question that events should be made for each group of people.
My problem here is a group of players treat Tournaments like they are mini weekday events. They state that they "just want to play golf" and tired of events being so serious/PDGA Sanctioned. You must know, Little Rock 10 years ago was the mecca for Southern Nationals, but all the older players have faded out and what's left is the now 30-36 year olds who used to be around at that time trying to hang on to that old flame. I gave SN a good 4 years of tournaments and now have switched to PDGA and am currently the PDGA State Coordinator and running for the next 2 year term. I was faced with a comment recently "Just because your running PDGA events, promoting the PDGA, and you are the state coordinator..doesn't mean anybody around here cares" That comment came from one guy trying to speak for a large amount of people.

I however do believe people get very nervous when change occurs. It's difficult for people to see a good change when its different from the norm. Switching from SN to PDGA being one of them. Trying to host professionally run events without drinking in them is another (extremely difficult here).

I do agree that events like: ace races, birdie bashes, one disc challenges, glow disc golf, and triples team events are perfect for these type of players.

I also don't think players who have the attitude of "Lets play golf" and "not interested in competition" should play in a tournament, but that's my personal opinion.

Name: Doug Trantham PDGA# 39739 for those who are curious who I am.