• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues with the DD ranger bag should we be concerned?

Check the commercial marketplace thread...don't want the masses to come at me with pitch forks for answering a question on a different thread.

I know very little about PF but your input and willingness to answer questions from the masses is something I truly appreciate. (checked other threads)

Thanks.

Not a problem at all, I don't mind sharing my thoughts and experiences with everyone. DG is a game we started playing for the camaraderie so we should all remember that.

If I could get my hands on an Osprey Escapist 30 to see if discs fit in the lower compartment, it could be an excellent disc golf bag. Slightly pricey for a DIY, though.

do you have a local REI?

backcountry lists the osprey escapist 30 as being made with 210 nylon... I thought you guys were calling that sub-standard? (DD ranger 410D-600)

backcountry lists the osprey escapist 30 as being made with 210 nylon... I thought you guys were calling that sub-standard? (DD ranger 410D-600)

I have no problem with below 1000D cordura. I have a problem with paying for substandard material and a standard price. i.e. buying a Crunch box for $25 or $30 is fine. Paying $175 for a Ranger is not.

The Upper Park Shift is made with lower denier ripstop nylon. But I got one for $90. So i was fine with it.

My love for Osprey comes from, their design and comfort. Something you should realize though. That is a backpacking bag, which hardly ever comes off your back during the day. Not like in disc where it is on and off constantly. Meaning it sees more friction from the ground causing the wear.

I'm sitting on my Simian bag while I read about bags you can't sit on.

tried it on....clunky!!!! reminds me external frame backpacking bags :gross:. plus i am not much of a sitter on the course....sadly much more prone to pacing.

I have never heard you could sit on a contender? any proof, or is it a DIY

It's DIY, the top compartment is convertible and allows a frame to be built and put in. The same thing we had in the challenger, for $7 in PVC you can build it. Or just attach your stool to the side with the compression straps