• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Items to have

m1shootr

Bogey Member
Yesterday I played the local 9 hole course twice, throwing 3 discs on every hole, (Comet, Leopard, Wizard). I surrendered 2 of them late in the round into the stream running through the course. Since I didn't want to wade into a very cold stream I opted to wait until this morning to retrieve them. I figured it was late in the day and they wouldn't be discovered. I returned this morning with boots and a wooden handle from a garden rake, 6' in length. Both proved to be advantageous. The boots for obvious reasons, and the handle to edge the disc to an easily retrievable spot. I'll carry these items from now on when playing. Does anyone have other items they carry while playing for varying circumstances?

Lacrosse ball for knocking discs out of trees. A roll of twine for measuring closest to pin on league nights, instead of walking off the distance. 100% deet bug spray, just in case.

I rely on my Stanley FATMAX (1 1/4" wide) 50 foot tape. I can't count how many times I've pulled discs out of trees with it. I've fished them out as high as 25 feet. I've pulled discs out of water, too, but it will only extend about 13 feet straight out before collapsing.

I rely on my Stanley FATMAX (1 1/4" wide) 50 foot tape. I can't count how many times I've pulled discs out of trees with it. I've fished them out as high as 25 feet. I've pulled discs out of water, too, but it will only extend about 13 feet straight out before collapsing.

That's going in my bag / car from now on. Great idea! :thmbup:

As previously mentioned, golden retrievers are great to carry. I always carry mine. I've seen a others carry those Gopher grabber things with the extendable poles. Great for tree or water retrieval. I believe there is one marketed for disc golf with a catch the triggers the clamp when the disc pushes it. My bag is loaded with other stuff too: towels, birdie bag, uv flashlight, bug spray, etc. Not sure if you were asking about all that or just items useful for retrieving disc?

Can't claim the idea as my own. I was looking for information in DGCR about an extendable pole some vendor was selling and came across some one else's idea about the FATMAX tape measure. This is a lot easier to fit in the bag than an extendable pole:)

I've carried an extendable pole in the past, but yeah, they're bulky, almost lost it several times. Now I have glow tape on most of my discs and a UV flashlight. Helps when I throw in deep woods even in the day time to spot a disc in shadows. If I go to a course I know I might throw in the water, I'll wear my vibrams so I can feel the bottom of the creek or pond with my feet better. Golden retrievers are nice, but so far, I haven't lost enough discs to justify the price of one. I can just replace my disc instead in the off chance I can't just go in for it.

I like this idea.

I like the disc gator, but it only has a 5' collapsible pole. Even if you could get a longer collapsible pole, it would bow after maybe 15'-20'. But the longer extendable poles, like was said before, are bulky and hard to move around. Unless you have a friend who doesn't play, maybe caddy, that can lug it around.

Pitchers resin for hot days, a fold able slingshot to get high discs out of trees, obligatory Golden retriever, and some athletic tape. For night rounds I'll throw in my Mag-Lite as a backup to my UV lamp.

mary jane always comes along with me on discin adventures.

the tape measure is a good idea though. I had to climb a tree yesterday for a disc

mary jane always comes along with me on discin adventures.

the tape measure is a good idea though. I had to climb a tree yesterday for a disc

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2&a=1

Check out rule #1. Half of your posts are more focused on smoking than playing disc golf. If that's your thing, then good for you. I'm sure there are quite a few other members that partake as well, but they choose to respect the rules and not discuss it.

If I'm in the wrong, or just being a dick, someone please let me know. I just find it strange none of the moderators or senior members have spoken up yet. I get the feeling the excitement of a young, hip female member is clouding their vision.

Check out rule #1. Half of your posts are more focused on smoking than playing disc golf. If that's your thing, then good for you. I'm sure there are quite a few other members that partake as well, but they choose to respect the rules and not discuss it.

If I'm in the wrong, or just being a dick, someone please let me know. I just find it strange none of the moderators or senior members have spoken up yet. I get the feeling the excitement of a young, hip female member is clouding their vision.

maybe sunkissed is prescribed and its not illegal?

I didn't realize there were rules about what I can and cannot say. Obviously I am not being rude or vulgar, which would be an issue.

And if you're being snide with your "young, hip, female" remark, well that's not very cool.

BTW, my post wasn't all about smoking weed. I agreed that the measuring tape thing was a good idea did I not?

I live in Oregon. Weed is legal. Plus, I DO have a card.

mcodyclapp, you were wrong and yes you were being a little aggressive. i think more people find that kind of language you used more offensive than a mans medicine. also read guideline #2

Where are the guidelines?

I genuinely did not mean to offend anyone!

:p

GUIDELINES

Plus technically, you're not discussing anything illegal. :)

hatersgonnahatep1.gif

Latest posts