• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Jawbreaker plastic does.

And so far it has done well. It's been through a few rounds now, and it's holding up nicely, at least as well as Classic Blend or Classic plastic (a.k.a. Zero Medium or Zero Hard). It has also stayed at the same level of firmness, though it may soften up with more play. The grip is good, the rim of the Challenger comfortable for me.

IMHO Discraft has done a good job with this plastic for some of their putters, so kudos to them. :thmbup: :clap:

Bought a Jawbreaker Magnet a couple weeks ago and really like the feel of the plastic. So far it seems to be a lot more durable than pro-d. I just ordered a Jawbreaker Challenger to test out as well.

All Discraft has to do is make a beadless Banger GT (Banger SS) in ESP & Jawbreaker and I would buy stacks. I don't think they are utilizing the groove top enough. Need to diversify.

Been using a Jawbreaker Zone and Buzzz for a couple weeks now. Both are soft. Feels slightly better than proD. Very grippy. Durability seems to be the same as proD.

Buzzz is pretty flat. Full power held straight, slight turn with slight fade. Took a solid hit to a tree on a full power drive and warped a little. It is now slightly understable. Now thrown flat holds straight-US line, no fade. Flips up nicely. I imagine a couple more hits and it will very US, exactly like my flat proD buzzz.

Zone is super flat almost concave. Overstable flight as expected out of box. Reminds me of my BT Medium Harp, except not as deep of a rim. Hits and sticks. No major tree hits to it so flight hasn't really changed. Foresee straight lines with consistent OS finish. A+ would buy again.

Zone is breaking in, and becoming super utility. Not as beefy as any Z variant Zone, but still comes back. Concave, and a slightly shallower profile are great for FH upshots.

Really digging it.

I have two JB Banger GTs, one I like a lot which is softish but not floppy and nice grip, the other I don't which is flimsier and too slippery.

Anybody drive a Jawbreaker into a tree yet? My ProD and Soft X Banger GTs taco after one hit. :mad:

Just picked up my first Jawbreaker Zone, as I've been throwing premium plastic Zone's for years. First day out with it and I immediately noticed the JB Zone is MEGA beef. I was actually expecting it to be a bit less stable than a new ESP, but it's at least as stable if not more. Mine is super flat, slightly concave. Plastic is super grippy, so it does not skip as much as Z or ESP. Time will tell how well this plastic holds up, but first impressions are very good!

And so far it has done well. It's been through a few rounds now, and it's holding up nicely, at least as well as Classic Blend or Classic plastic (a.k.a. Zero Medium or Zero Hard). It has also stayed at the same level of firmness, though it may soften up with more play. The grip is good, the rim of the Challenger comfortable for me.

IMHO Discraft has done a good job with this plastic for some of their putters, so kudos to them. :thmbup: :clap:

And after a month, my JB Challenger continues to do well. It's on par with DD's Classic Blend in wear and tear: shows some scuffing from the chains and basket hits, but reasonably durable. The Jawbreaker plastic also retains its stiffness a little better than Classic Blend does (my CB putters would get a little soft as they were used, prompting me to switch to Classic (Hard) plastic).

JB plastic FTW!

Looks like the Jawbreaker Challenger is going to be a serious contender for long putt duties. Marked 45ft from practice basket in backyard, first three putts go in and fourth was just low hitting center cage. Love the grip and to me it's similar enough in feel to my in the circle putter "Whale".

Fondled some jawbreakers yesterday. Seems alright, but baseline plastic across the brands is still ideal. Looks cool though.

iyo does it fly like a brand new pro-d magnet that isnt breaking in very fast? Cuz that sounds great.

I've never thrown any other Magnet.
It has kept the same flight pattern so far, as near as I can tell. I'm hoping it breaks in (at some point) to take out what little fade it has

Bought a stack of 10 Jawbreaker Challengers. One out of the bunch had that oily feel mentioned by someone on here... dish soap got rid of that. Far more durable than D plastic. Somewhere between Elite X & Soft X. In Innova terms, closer to R-pro than KC.
My favorite putter plastic is Zero Hard, and this feels just like Zero Medium to me. I'm sticking with them, but hope to find some firmer runs in the future.

My favorite putter plastic is Zero Hard, and this feels just like Zero Medium to me. I'm sticking with them, but hope to find some firmer runs in the future.

Agreed on both counts, especially hoping for firmer Jawbreaker Challengers...

Are the JB Challengers youve been getting softer than the Soft X blend?

No, IMHO the Jawbreaker is firmer than Soft X. I've only handled Soft X a few times, though. I have 3 Jawbreaker Challengers now (blue, orange, and pink), and the pink and blue are firm while the orange is just a bit softer. Again, my best comparisons would be to Classic/Zero Hard (Jawbreaker not there, and I'd like it to be) and Classic Blend/Zero Medium (where Jawbreaker is right now) plastics.