• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

I have two jawbreaker Challengers. Haven't tested them on a basket or anything so I don't how they hold up. But they are much firmer than ProD. They have texture as well, while ProD is smooth. Not sure if they have rubber in them or not, but if I had to compare the plastic to something, it would be vibram firm.

Haven't tested them on a basket or anything so I don't how they hold up. But they are much firmer than ProD. They have texture as well, while ProD is smooth.

The durability is what I'm concerned about. Pro-D and especially X-Soft are super weak plastics. I remember getting a brand new Banger in X-Soft and after about 5 minutes of practice putting it looked awful. Like it probably lost 4-5 grams from how quickly it dinged up. I won't consider returning to the Banger until they offer it in a durable/firm putting plastic.

Put those Challengers to use and report back.

I felt one up the other day. Definitely more grippy and durable than Pro D. My first thought was it felt like Vibram plastic. Has that rubbery feel and the chunks were molded in the disc. Different but very cool.

I forgot, but Gateway/RDG made a run of that they called jawbreaker a while back. They were very firm and swirly plastic blend, so kinda jawbreaker like.

Disc Baron just got some in. I'll have to stop out there today to feel them up a bit and report back...

They have a good site. I'll put my next order through them. I like how they have individual pictures for each disc and they list the profile as domey or flat. :thmbup:

He got HUGE stacks of Jawbreaker in this weekend and is usually pretty quick about getting things photographed and listed on the site. If the locals here don't snatch everything up too quick, he should have quite a bit of Jawbreakers listed soon. Great guy, great store.

If the locals here don't snatch everything up too quick, he should have quite a bit of Jawbreakers listed soon.

The locals can have them for now. I need to hear some review of Jawbreaker durability first. If it's anything like Pro-D or X-Soft I'm not touching them.

It's a little softer and more durable than pro D plastic, it seems to be holding up better so far. I have 4 challengers. 2 black/grey ones and 2 rainbowish colored ones.

There is rubber in there for sure, but no where near the durability of the vibram discs, the plastic/rubber has a really nice grippy feel to it though. Pretty much every one of them (zones and challengers) I've seen are puddle topped. I've been practicing with them about 2 weeks but I'm not sure yet if any of them will actually make it into the bag. At least not until my old team stamp challengers are cashed out.

Anyone else have any comments about the Jawbreaker plastic? Durability and flight characteristics compared to pro-d? Not sure if I should try out a Jawbreaker Roach or if I'll just get one in Big Z. Would be used for drives and approaches.

The locals can have them for now. I need to hear some review of Jawbreaker durability first. If it's anything like Pro-D or X-Soft I'm not touching them.

Significantly more durable than Pro-D. After several rounds with a Zone, it doesn't look like it's a dog chew toy. Same can't be said for the Pro-D I was using for comparison

I've tossed a Jawbreaker Challenger, and felt up some others(Banger GT, etc). IMO, it's junk, like Soft-X made partially out of crayons. Durable? LOL

I felt up some jawbreaker zones. They were concave and plastic was much firmer than pro d, dunno what that means for durability but its interesting plastic. Reminded me of vibram firm

It's junk...although the ones I've thrown and handled were 'Soft' versions. Just pure junk though.

What soft version? They do have an eraser type texture if that's what you mean.

I bought three Jawbreaker Roaches. The main reason was pro-D durability is severely lacking. My five practice putters look like they've been through a war zone. I replaced three of the five pro-D's with Jawbreakers. I would guess they've logged about 500 putts each. There are some marks but nothing major. Overall I've been happy with them.

What soft version? They do have an eraser type texture if that's what you mean.

I bought three Jawbreaker Roaches. The main reason was pro-D durability is severely lacking. My five practice putters look like they've been through a war zone. I replaced three of the five pro-D's with Jawbreakers. I would guess they've logged about 500 putts each. There are some marks but nothing major. Overall I've been happy with them.

Is the Roach deep dish or more shallow? Beadless?

Latest posts