• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

Yeah okay now I remember those. Point is, even if a hole is parked off the tee, if it is a pretty standard flat shot into fade and not too long, its not that spectacular. Whereas sometimes shots from the fairway can be moreso. I wonder if the placement of the cameras plays any part... i.e. is it easier to do the follow flight on teeshots for some reason?

It would be super nice if the guys could chime in directly, like Ian does on the CCDG thread. Any way to bring in the guys here? If they have the time to spare every now and then...

Yeah okay now I remember those. Point is, even if a hole is parked off the tee, if it is a pretty standard flat shot into fade and not too long, its not that spectacular. Whereas sometimes shots from the fairway can be moreso. I wonder if the placement of the cameras plays any part... i.e. is it easier to do the follow flight on teeshots for some reason?

It would be super nice if the guys could chime in directly, like Ian does on the CCDG thread. Any way to bring in the guys here? If they have the time to spare every now and then...

I told Jonathan about it a while ago.

Just curious: Who is flying the drone for Jomez?

Jonathan is the one flying their drone.

Quick question. Slomezes aside, do they ever make follow flights off other shots than off the tee? Cant really remember now. Just started thinking about it when there were amazing second shots hitting the pole from 300+ft out on the GMC footage.

Here's another...

Jalle Stoor's eagle at Ledgestone. at about 11:19

Oops, I guess it was Worlds...

Nice. Now its too many for me to gripe anymore. Just watching the CMC I was wanting to see f.ex. Nikko park the par4 from more than 100 meters away into that tunnel end of the dogleg hole. Not so much to see Pablo park a basic hole with his Zone. But thats probably since he does that a lot.

Dumb question from an old guy :)

Looking at the Jomez YouTube page it looks like (almost) every single F9 have more views than B9s . . why is that?

Dumb question from an old guy :)

Looking at the Jomez YouTube page it looks like (almost) every single F9 have more views than B9s . . why is that?

I'm not a YouTube expert but there might be a few reasons.

Watching fatigue - people watch the front 9 and then go do something else and never come back to watch the back 9
Card/Commentary isn't what they wanted - If someone clicks on the video and doesn't like the card or the commentators, they might just click out of it. However, it still counts as a "view" I believe.

That's about the only things I can think of. I'm sure most people just end up going to do something else after the first video. How big is the difference between F9 and B9 views?

Just looking at the latest ones.

2019 USWDGC R1F9 98tn views. . B9 49tn
2019 GMC R1F9. . 132tn views. . . B9 88tn
2019 DDGC R1F9. . 149tn views . . .B9 89tn

Just looking at the latest ones.

2019 USWDGC R1F9 98tn views. . B9 49tn
2019 GMC R1F9. . 132tn views. . . B9 88tn
2019 DDGC R1F9. . 149tn views . . .B9 89tn

First round cards are always a gamble, aren't they? Cripes, seems like every round 1 that gets covered live gets some sort of comment about how boring it is to not have the top throwers featured.

I'd imagine the bulk of it is people putting on the front nine, getting bored with it (poor play, wrong players, bad commentary, whatever) and shutting it off. If they're not going to finish the front why bother with the back?

I understand why the post-production crews release each round in two halves from a technical perspective, but from a purely viewer/stats perspective, they're probably better off putting each round up in one chunk so there is no appearance of disinterest. No need to explain the 50K drop-off if no one can see it happening.

First round cards are always a gamble, aren't they? Cripes, seems like every round 1 that gets covered live gets some sort of comment about how boring it is to not have the top throwers featured.

I'd imagine the bulk of it is people putting on the front nine, getting bored with it (poor play, wrong players, bad commentary, whatever) and shutting it off. If they're not going to finish the front why bother with the back?

I understand why the post-production crews release each round in two halves from a technical perspective, but from a purely viewer/stats perspective, they're probably better off putting each round up in one chunk so there is no appearance of disinterest. No need to explain the 50K drop-off if no one can see it happening.

Looks like the numbers are the same if it´s R1, R2, R3 and so on. .F9 have more views
The only B9 that has more views is the final B9 of Worlds ( of the latest tournaments )

Im assuming auto play does a lot of the first rounds. So people start the video and probably never make it to the next.

I have to imagine that they also do it so they can push total views as a stat. Doing it as one video (using the numbers already posted), they get 98k views for round 1 of USWDGC; however, releasing it as two videos means they can say they received 150k views for round 1.

...they're probably better off putting each round up in one chunk so there is no appearance of disinterest. No need to explain the 50K drop-off if no one can see it happening.

this approach would be atrocious from a content provider perspective. why do they need to explain anything?

imagine if 30-40% of the content flow was completely eliminated on Jomez...

Im assuming auto play does a lot of the first rounds. So people start the video and probably never make it to the next.

I've noticed that my autoplay will often bounce back to the front 9 video at the conclusion of the back 9. Got to wonder if that's a small contributor to the disparity. I'm not always quick on the remote to back out and find another video, since I usually have them on in the background while doing other things.

Jomez was here over the weekend (USWDGC) and I cannot say enough good things about the level of professionalism of Jonathan Gomez in particular and their entire crew in general. There is a reason they are at the forefront.

100k+ views for a Woman's event. I would say that was pretty successful. Almost 3 times the amount of views as compared to last year already.

Latest posts