• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jump when you putt?

I jump anytime Im outside the circle also

my misses are usually do to hyzering out to soon but I dont normally have a height issue

when and if you miss, is it right or left? short or over? mines usually long and left .BONG!

My misses tend to be basket height but to the right. I will occassionally get a little too much on it and it go high.

Ok i've been playing for a few months now and was wondering what the actual rule is for a jump putt. I have been told that you can jump as far forward as you wish beyond where your previous shot landed as long as you release the disc before touching the ground. Is this correct and if not what is the actual rule?

Thanks

Ok i've been playing for a few months now and was wondering what the actual rule is for a jump putt. I have been told that you can jump as far forward as you wish beyond where your previous shot landed as long as you release the disc before touching the ground. Is this correct and if not what is the actual rule?

Thanks
Outside of 10M from the basket, no matter what the type of throw, you can continue on past your lie as long as you release the disc with all supporting points behind the marker (there are also rules as to where one supporting point has to be). So you can not release after you've jumped past the marker but before your land. Inside of 10M, you can not move past your marker until you've "demonstrated balence," so no jump putts.

The rules can be found on the PDGA website.

My misses tend to be basket height but to the right. I will occassionally get a little too much on it and it go high.

I usually miss to the right, too. Been trying to roatate my back leg further back a little and been getting good results, but I always have to remember to kick it back, or I'll go with the old line.

thanks for the response. yea i couldnt imagine it being a legal throw inside 10m from the basket. one could almost jump close enough to place it in the basket. anyways thanks alot

Latest posts