• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just a few

Ok I'll explain the loop.
My friend kyle dated this girl in high school. Hanging out with him I met that girls little sister and we hit it off. They get married and are together to this day, a year later me and little sis get married. Things went to shit(something about her or golf) and we divorced. Still friends with kyle and ex wifes sister.

JohnnyB said:
Ok I'll explain the loop.
My friend kyle dated this girl in high school. Hanging out with him I met that girls little sister and we hit it off. They get married and are together to this day, a year later me and little sis get married. Things went to shit(something about her or golf) and we divorced. Still friends with kyle and ex wifes sister.
cool 8)

See... I was thinking your brother married someone, and then they got divorced, but you were still friends with her. I hadn't thought of that situation.

I haven't been busy with the dyeing as of late, moving into a new place and all, but dammit I came back at full force.
I went a bit biblical on this dye, and it turned out tons better than expected.
I'm still debating if it's going to be thrown.
hpim0600e.jpg

JohnnyB said:
I haven't been busy with the dyeing as of late, moving into a new place and all, but dammit I came back at full force.
hpim0600e.jpg
Do you mix your own fleshtones? any pointers on a starting spot? Sweet dye BTW!

JBinAZ said:
JohnnyB said:
hpim0600e.jpg
Do you mix your own fleshtones? any pointers on a starting spot? Sweet dye BTW!

Word!!! That's sick. Please teach.

Just a quick idea of what I did.
In between each redip I rinsed off the disc and patted it dry.
I did my first cut to cover the dark outlines and the red tones of the picture, since that was where the most variety was at.
I wanted a brown outline so I started with purple, once it was mixed with the red and pink it turned brown.I dyed the outline till it was almost dark enough peeled part of the hair and did a quick dip in that.
Switched to my red dye peeled my apple and started dyeing that till it started to show some darkness, peeled the rest of the hair let that get about medium darkness. Peeled the flesh and and dipped it just long enough for it not to be white. Switched over to pink and gave it a slightly longer bath in that checking often till it was where I wanted it.
Then I stripped it cleaned the disc(keep in mind to let the dye sit for a bit so you don't smear anything) and recovered it in vinyl. Here's the point you have to be VERY careful if you want to use this method. I put the covered disc over my lightbox and carefully cut the green areas. Then I did three dips in green(leaves, snake, eyes) and stripped the disc cleaned and covered it again. Same method for the blue and I even left the back uncovered and did a full dip to give the disc a solid look. Make sure that you check for any bleed point along the edge of the disc onto the done art, it would suck monkey balls to get a bleed at that point.

JohnnyB said:
Just a quick idea of what I did.
In between each redip I rinsed off the disc and patted it dry.
I did my first cut to cover the dark outlines and the red tones of the picture, since that was where the most variety was at.
I wanted a brown outline so I started with purple, once it was mixed with the red and pink it turned brown.I dyed the outline till it was almost dark enough peeled part of the hair and did a quick dip in that.
Switched to my red dye peeled my apple and started dyeing that till it started to show some darkness, peeled the rest of the hair let that get about medium darkness. Peeled the flesh and and dipped it just long enough for it not to be white. Switched over to pink and gave it a slightly longer bath in that checking often till it was where I wanted it.
Then I stripped it cleaned the disc(keep in mind to let the dye sit for a bit so you don't smear anything) and recovered it in vinyl. Here's the point you have to be VERY careful if you want to use this method. I put the covered disc over my lightbox and carefully cut the green areas. Then I did three dips in green(leaves, snake, eyes) and stripped the disc cleaned and covered it again. Same method for the blue and I even left the back uncovered and did a full dip to give the disc a solid look. Make sure that you check for any bleed point along the edge of the disc onto the done art, it would suck monkey balls to get a bleed at that point.
I think that you misunderstood my question. I was just curious as to which colors were mixed together to get your fleshtone. It is a good color, and I would like to use it on a few dyes. =)

He answered your question, it was just hidden DaVinci Code style.

Sick, sick dyes. Way too labor intensive to profit from, though. That's probably the reason that the factory only puts out fly-dyes, because they take but a minute. I do wish you the best of luck, but I suspect the truly cool customs will always be just a sideshow that people ooh and aah at, instead of throwing cash at regularly.

Thanks JonnyB and again awsome work. And thank you Chuck for the second hint. I was looking for some kind of formula to mix my dyes when I didn't need to. I need to start thinking outside the box a little more.

hpim0820.jpg

Finally played with the saran wrap method. I need to get back in touch with my dye side.

hpim0825i.jpg

Opto Riot
So I gave it an overnight soak and it came out this faded. wtf? I thought opto plastic would take well to dye.

I got another one today. Playing a round I played through with another group and one guy see's my wraith and notices the "Fetus" written on it. Says "No way! I thought I was the only one that had a fetus disc around here." So I got my valk back.

Latest posts