• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just bought a..........

obviously sillybiz didn't get the memo about how there are no threads about how you just got a vulcan.

Clearly you did not search. You were prerubed by a mod.
The Vulcan is touchy, you may love it, but I am not consistent enough of a thrower to use one confidently.

I agree with the below post.

Last edited:
I bought one because it was marketed as a great disc for beginners, but if so, not this one! Too much for me right now, limited distance and fades hard and quick. Back in the bag until I have improved my form.

rube-age! UBER RUBE-AGE!!!

To the topic: for me it's a roller and nothing more. Their are numerous other discs I prefer for that particular task as well. But a good friend of mine really likes his, so it's hit or miss on the archers part.

Yeah, there aren't many situations on the course where a vulcan is any better than the other distance drivers I carry. I need ALOT of space for it to do anything convenient. So on most courses I can trust it on about three to four of the 18 holes.

i found a new vulcan this year. i liked it so much for RHFH that i sharpied the Wisconsin Badgers logo on it!

I just got a new Vulcan last week.
162 Star.

This is not as understable as I thought it would be, if I throw it flat, it flies flat.

I can get my new 164 Tourney King to turn easier, so I'm not seeing the HSS #'s posted on DGC.

The Vulcan is a little nose sensitive, with a mega wing and a sharp transition, but thats to be expected in something this fast and understable.

I'm not seeing the crazy unintented lines others talked about, mine flies in a nice straight line, going where I want it to, both FH and BH.
After less than a dozen throws, I parked a CTP yesterday with a pole nuzzler into the wind.

I will work with the Vulcan despite its apparent overstablity, which of course we all know means I just cant really get it up to its proper cruising speed yet, but I think it will beat into a hyzer flipping monster for my puny arm, once I crash it into some stuff.

On the Captain Jack scale, I would give this disc three thumbs up
:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:
out of five.

I wouldn't say it's unpredictable, the only time I see changes to the flight is when any wind comes into play. It's one of the better discs if you have a lot of room to work with and if there is little to no wind. The exact reason why I don't throw it much, because there aren't many scenarios like that out on the courses I play. It generally holds the same lines but doesn't get much use for me.

Love this disc...I can consistently get nice straight drives with it. I especially like how it holds a right turn line for those Righty doglegs that plague me...

if i had joined dgcr when it first came out, and if i had started throwing up a list of searched threads comparable to a repeated thread in lue of prerube, you all would say, you got bralled, and that would be just wrong.

wrong but funny at the same time.

i mean, no one wants to get bralled. right?

Latest posts