• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

just woke out a DG dream

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
So I'm shooting a round with a couple buddies. All of a sudden we're in a field none of us know, but my friends are still teeing off and putting and such. I land behind a tree, at the bottom of a 10ft cliff/drop with a basket on top. all of a sudden there are 100 people surrounding me screaming and yelling. i shoot, i miss, it rolls 100 ft away, wake up.

anyone else have strange dg dreams?

you need to practice lucid dreaming... in my dream the disc woulda rolled out, bounced off a rock, been picked up by an eagle and dropped in the basket to feed its young where the mamma eagle made a nest

You "just" woke at 10:AM. Must be rough.

Actually I had a DG dream the other night. I threw a yellow disc on an anny line up a hill and was talking to it saying "don't come back". Then the alarm for my septic system went off. Horrible way to wake from a nice dream. Plus I spent all day trouble shooting and rigging a temporary pump line.

I'm living at a camp for the next two months or so, no dogs allowed :(, I miss my poor dog. He gets to hang out with my parents, they treat him well anyway (except when my dad tried to kill him with rat poison - accident, about 6 years ago). He's doing well though, I just left him on Monday morning, we'll be back on the road together sometime either mid October or November.

i had a dream a couple nights ago where i kept finding discs all over a course that seemed like my home course, just a way more badass version. two and three discs at a time, usually. the only two i can remember are an orange flx buzzz, and a yellow gumbputt that i gave back to some dudes playing in front of me who left it there

So I'm shooting a round with a couple buddies. All of a sudden we're in a field none of us know, but my friends are still teeing off and putting and such. I land behind a tree, at the bottom of a 10ft cliff/drop with a basket on top. all of a sudden there are 100 people surrounding me screaming and yelling. i shoot, i miss, it rolls 100 ft away, wake up.

anyone else have strange dg dreams?

No. Aliens don't play Disc Golf.:(

I had a dream where I found a cache of old, highly collectable golf discs. I was giggling as I kept pulling out one sweeeeeet disc after another. Of course, I was bummed when I woke up.

I had a dream that I kept finding discs, but then I'd pick them up and realize they were candy, so I'd eat them.

I had one last night. I shanked my drive into the woods and when I got in there there was plastic everywhere. I went to my car and grabbed a cardboard box (not sure why there would be a box in my car) and filled it.

even in your dreams you don't return lost discs. tsk tsk tsk

You know how you, 'jerk awake' sometimes, like you're tripping over a curb? I did that a few weeks ago, but my arm jerked like I was throwing a 700' drive in my sleep.
A couple of months a ago, my buddy said he had a dream that he was in a river and grabbing hundreds of discs as the floated by on the current. This was just after we found 4 or 5 in one spot in the river on a course.

I've had quite a few dreams but it seems like a few of us have had similar...I wonder what that means. I've had a dream where I ended up walking to where a pond would be and looked down the hill and there's hundreds of discs with no names on them just waiting for someone to pick up. The one I had last night, involved an open field and it was a simple hyzer shot, some trees were to the right (not in play, just a line of pine trees) and the basket you were throwing at was moving to the left and right. Like it was on a conveyer belt. It was really weird. I don't remember how I started the round, but I know on Hole 2 at whatever course I was on I ended up with like an 8 or 9. I hit a lot of trees and kept rolling down a hill. I was in the woods. Honestly I need to start typing some of these out and saving them so I don't forget them...

I sometimes have dreams of finding discs but it seems like they come after losing a disc. I think it has more to do with finding something you lost though the hundreds of discs dreams may be more general disc envy/longing.

More frequently I dream of just throwing but rarely seem to remember where the disc goes. It is almost more of a feeling than anything observed visually. I also get this feeling when I really want to go and throw.

You know how you, 'jerk awake' sometimes, like you're tripping over a curb? I did that a few weeks ago, but my arm jerked like I was throwing a 700' drive in my sleep.
I posted about this somewhere on here, but I did that once and smacked my wife. She wasn't happy ..