• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

I LOVE this disc, it takes almost all my up shots inside 200', all my puts and I've started throwing it on steep down hill drives. It handles all the torch you want to give it but doesn't fade like crazy when it slows down, in fact I've found the harder you throw it the less it fades and just sits when it slows down. Am i alone in my love for the berg?

I LOVE this disc, it takes almost all my up shots inside 200', all my puts and I've started throwing it on steep down hill drives. It handles all the torch you want to give it but doesn't fade like crazy when it slows down, in fact I've found the harder you throw it the less it fades and just sits when it slows down. Am i alone in my love for the berg?

Yes and no.

I like the idea of the disc, but what I wanted it for ended up being very different than what it wanted to do. Not to say that's bad, but I already have a disc for the role. With that said, it's a pretty fun disc and feels great, great blend of plastic and unique top design make it fun to take out and throw. But I was looking for another good lid to be released (que RDG here)

And no you're not alone in thinking the harder you throw it the less it fades. That's not a-typical.

Yes and no.

I like the idea of the disc, but what I wanted it for ended up being very different than what it wanted to do. Not to say that's bad, but I already have a disc for the role. With that said, it's a pretty fun disc and feels great, great blend of plastic and unique top design make it fun to take out and throw. But I was looking for another good lid to be released (que RDG here)

And no you're not alone in thinking the harder you throw it the less it fades. That's not a-typical.
What disc are you using to fill that same slot?

Just traded for a K2 Berg... I liked the K1's feel better(stiffer) but still am excited about this one. Initial impressions(three or four throws) are that it feels great in the hand, but more to the point, it feels like you have incredible control with so much thumb contact. A true 'point and shoot' up disc. I'm out to play a one disc round with it at one of the local tree(target) courses. I've not been this excited about a one disc round for months.

Well, only got in 15 holes with the Berg. I liked it. I'm going to bag it until I don't. I really liked the feel of the grip. I got big audible snaps off the tee, which is neither here nor there, but my round mates kept remarking on the fact and I tried to oblige by trying to smash it off every tee. I'm not much of a smasher, but I got the Berg out to 250' to 270' routinely, which is as far as I get my other putters out to. I was habitually not putting enough height on my drives today so they were running aground before they ran out of gas, so probably could get another 10' to 20'. I wasn't even entertaining the thought of using the Berg for putting, but I really felt dialed in with the thumbtrack and depth and was hitting all my- 'circles edge and in's' pretty confidently(which is odd because in my morning round, I sucked). It basically flies like a smaller-slower, fat and lazy Buzz. Whatever line you like it will hold, just don't expect it to fight, flip or fade much. It won't. It will however be one of those discs that you can get to land perfectly flat... yes, like a flying saucer, and with that satisfying "fwoop" sound and that little gust of dust that comes with. I've friends(the ones who traded the Berg to me) that were throwing THEIR Bergs(the have multiples) along side their Aerobie Arrows(forehand) with similar results. The Arrows were faster and dead straight for longer, but I can't handle them. Literally, the grip is terrible for a backhand on those Arrows, there is like NOwhere to put your fingers...but the Berg I like. It fills the hand, and the 'hip' allows one to really get ahold of the disc.The K2 plastic feels like premium but is very flexible, not R-Pro/Blowfly flexible but more so than any of my other premium plastic putters. Which will probably regulate it to the slot of driver/up shot disc for me... unless I putt lights out with it tomorrow like I did with it today.

I bought K1 Berg today. It is much more stable than K2 Berg and K1 has more fade also.

I like the flight of K2 more than K1 but i like the K1 plastic more.

I have Kaxe and Kaxe Zs in K1 and its some of the best plastic ever, imo.
I have smashed these discs into trees with seemingly no damage.
Reminds me of the good old Proline plastic, but actually better.

That being said I'm dying to try out a Berg in K3.
Wrote Clearwater a week ago about an ETA and they haven't bothered to respond...

Finally got a K3 Berg in my hands.
This plastic is amazing. Very reminiscent of the 90s slightly gummy Dx, but seems higher quality.
Won't get a chance to get out to the course till tomorrow, but will report back on the difference in flight.
Love the flat center vs the dome on the K2s already though.
This plastic is going to be very popular for Kastaplast...

Finally got a K3 Berg in my hands.
This plastic is amazing. Very reminiscent of the 90s slightly gummy Dx, but seems higher quality.
Won't get a chance to get out to the course till tomorrow, but will report back on the difference in flight.
Love the flat center vs the dome on the K2s already though.
This plastic is going to be very popular for Kastaplast...

Yes, that sounds good. that dome was wonky

Got a couple in last week. Took them out for a full round today. They certainly have more glide than the K2 Bergs. I love the feel of the plastic -- grippy but not tacky. The flight was great. I could really see this as a fantastic upshot disc that I don't want to blow past the basket. I have been using my Soft Envy for that, but sometimes with too much power it just goes and goes. The K3 Berg had a predictable straight flight with a nice forward penetrating drop. Little fade. Not sure if I like it in the circle yet. It tends to drop quickly. Still a fantastic disc for sure.

^ Yep, this is spot on.
Its taking a little getting used to for closer putts cause it does drop fast.
Also, it needs to stop raining constantly here so I can get more time in with these.

Got some coming in at Infinite for me next week. I really like my K1 Berg but never liked premium putters for putting.

I also really don't mind the weird dome but hoping the flat ones are more tolerant of my terrible forehand approach game. It makes a wonderful approach disc for sure. Will be quite a feat to boot the wizards for putting but these fit my hand like a glove so I am going to give a K3 a shot at it at least.

Got a pair of K3's today and got a chance to putt and throw them.

Definitely a touch less stable than my K1, out at about 250' on a straight throw the K3's almost drop straight down, hardly any fade on them.

They hold anny's a lot better and don't flex out very well.

Couldn't OH either discs for the life of me but they do thumb rollers really well. They stay nice and straight for quite a while then just fall off a little left.

The K3's did get some dimples from basket hits and such but the bottom didn't scuff badly even on the few throws that landed in dirt. If the K3's break in to a little less stable they will be sweet.

I agree on what others say about putting though, they seem to drop really fast so not sure if they are a putting option for most people.

Also on my way back to the car I threw all of them flight plate down. Lets just say I was pretty surprised how far they went like that, just seemed like a tick more stability. Even had a normal looking flight path.

I found that while they mark up a bit, they really aren't taking much damage.
I've also gotten used to the drop and have been hitting a lot of tough putts with these lately.
Perfect for spin putts.

Latest posts