• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] King Cobra and Super Stingray production run?

I'm loving mine so far, I just hate the stupid 3 logo circle stamp. Just god awful.

Disc flies beautifully though for my noodle arm. Really reminds me of one of my older DX Rocs thats beat to that perfect stage of only end flight smooth fade that you hope never stops being perfect.

Gonna buy a few more just incase, just really hate this stamp compared to the standard stamping.

I must admit innova changing the stamp/name really impresses me....makes it easy to see that change or here change back to older mold...Respect!

thanks innova.

I need an el nino decoder....:confused:

I'm loving mine so far, I just hate the stupid 3 logo circle stamp. Just god awful.

Those triple blizzardey ones do suck...like they forgot to make artwork until 20 minutes before shipping er sumpin'

Get one from out west...they seem to have the ol' schooley champion script

smooth fade that you hope never stops being perfect.

Don't let the smoov fade foo ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqT0TWMeb54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRyPWF_FOg

Last edited:
i think the king cobra is ontario mold so the older mold......also i believe they changed the mold to the super stingray. just saying nice that name change went with mold change.....a move in the right direction in my opinion awesome.

Also the need for innova to have champ mids is way overdue....

these are selling at normal 13 a pop correct? even the cooler dx stamped ones sell for a premium.

I held the super stingray on Sunday and it really isn't even a stingray. It's domeier and feels completely different. Not my cup of tea

i think the king cobra is ontario mold so the older mold......also i believe they changed the mold to the super stingray. just saying nice that name change went with mold change.....a move in the right direction in my opinion awesome.

Also the need for innova to have champ mids is way overdue....

these are selling at normal 13 a pop correct? even the cooler dx stamped ones sell for a premium.

The new(er) top says ontario...but also has www tooling. And these are not the same as the ontario topped old school champ cobras and stingrays. These new ones are a bit domier.

And the old flat tops were also stable but they didn't bother to change the #s back then.

And yeah, normal champ prices.

Innova site says king cobra is a 21.2 diameter. With that i bought one but the info here tells me large. So whats the truth here? Mine arrives today.

Also are dx stamps different than the tri-stamps? How do they fly compared?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one of the new Champ Stingrays, but I'm way overstocked on both Stable mids as well as Stingrays in all sorts of different stability configurations. I'm curious as to if they will actually flip right out of the box.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one of the new Champ Stingrays, but I'm way overstocked on both Stable mids as well as Stingrays in all sorts of different stability configurations. I'm curious as to if they will actually flip right out of the box.

No, they won't...they're very stable. They'll hold a reasonable anny but will fade at the end unless it's extreme or the wind is helping it along. Absolutely nothing like a Stingray, but a nice straight mid in its own right. Interestingly, the "normal" star Stingray I bought several months ago appears to be identical to the Super Stingray. Looks like Innova snuck some into the market before announcing it. Test fodder? I finally found an older mold star, so I'm happy, but I wasted $15 on a disc sold as something it wasn't...so sick of Innova sometimes.

After abusing, sanding and working over the "super" stingray I accidentally got, it has a little more turn but still very little. Like a shorter leopard that will stay low.

I picked up one of each today and since I have no experience with Innova mids, what Discraft/MVP discs would these compare to if any? If this was in the thread already I apologize, I only read through the first 3 pages.

Welp, the king cobra has become a goto mid for me. Its just so damn workable its amazing. I need to get a max weight.

The new(er) top says ontario...but also has www tooling. And these are not the same as the ontario topped old school champ cobras and stingrays. These new ones are a bit domier.

And the old flat tops were also stable but they didn't bother to change the #s back then.

And yeah, normal champ prices.

Well I was really looking forward to the King Cobra as I REALLY liked the old Ontario Cobra. Finally got one today and took it for some throwing. As far as I am concerned it is just like the old Ontario tops. A (very small) touch more stable than my older Cobra but that may be due to my older one being broke in more. When compared to my older Cobra, the profiles are very close, parting line about the same, and just as flat top as my older one, and the good stamp too. So far a big thumbs up from me on this one. :)
Pics: Profile has KingCobra on left, Original on right

Attachments

• IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 57
took the z buzzz out of my bag today and only threw the cobra and stingray and I loved both of them. Might play a few more rounds before I load up on these and move the buzzz out for good

Yeah that sassy dyed one is kinda domey...the cobras I have from that first champ run have ZERO dome.
I have 9 of them, they are flat as pancakes.

And they are about the same stability but the flatties HAUL A$$ compared to the domers

FFFWOW

560351_299771130093409_100001815728482_739590_1761483956_n.jpg

Hate resurrecting an old thread but I have a question. Just got a super stingray and it has some serious flash, or is this a micro bead? It's sharp, so i think it's flash, but don't want to damage the disc if it's a microbead.

Dang this super stingray is sweet! Nice and straight and fits my girly little paws great. I'm loving this thing and want to snag a couple more. It's stable, and I have heard it compared to a shorter Leo, I have to agree with this. So far this disc is my favorite of this season.

Hate resurrecting an old thread but I have a question. Just got a super stingray and it has some serious flash, or is this a micro bead? It's sharp, so i think it's flash, but don't want to damage the disc if it's a microbead.

Dang this super stingray is sweet! Nice and straight and fits my girly little paws great. I'm loving this thing and want to snag a couple more. It's stable, and I have heard it compared to a shorter Leo, I have to agree with this. So far this disc is my favorite of this season.

Yea I noticed the flash on both of these was very sharp out of the box. I don't think its part of the disc, so you should be fine wearing it down

Yeah so uh....the DX stamped Cobra's are the same as the King's. Last time I was in this thread I was told otherwise, but I see/feel nothing different - physically or during flight. Any definite answer by now? Cause I swear they're the same..