• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Knee is messed up

ok sooo .....

I was getting up off the toilet (TMI, I know), and there was a really loud crack in the knee that's bothering me. It hurt really bad for a split second, and I thought that I had done something really bad, but then the pain went away, and I realized that I could actually bend the knee by itself (prior to this sitting down was more falling than sitting).

Now it seems like the mobility is coming back, and although there's still some tenderness, it's nowhere NEAR what it was before that crack happened. WTF? Is it possible to dislocate your knee? I thought dislocations only happened on socket joints like the hips and shoulders.

It definitely feels a lot better, and I'm guessing that given time, the tenderness will decrease as well. I'm happy, but confused. Anybody have any idea what this is?!?!

Maybe you just had to poop really badly? :confused:

Jukeshoe: <---Not a doctor, but plays one on TV. :D

Now is a good time to bone up on your stand still drives. I recall one world champ reported they got a dramatic increase in distance after their leg got put in a cast and they had to play on crutches for a while and do all stand still drives. Lucky you!

It definitely feels a lot better, and I'm guessing that given time, the tenderness will decrease as well. I'm happy, but confused. Anybody have any idea what this is?!?!

Hmm, interesting. You possibly had your patella (knee cap) out of place. Has your knee gone through some abnormal twisting recently?

I have had something similar happen with my knee also, its not really a dislocation i think its kinda like when you throw back out it just needs to be put back into place. Now that you got the pop ice it and then heat and it should be good to go in a couple days. Im lucky to still be young i messed up my knee bad in a drunken incident sunday rehabbed the last two days and im gonna go play tomorrow rest after a injury is always best.

Gawd, I hope not. I googled that, but that seems to be more around the actual joint. This is a muscle strand that goes from the attatching "V" point of the muscle on my outer arm to the back of my upper shoulder blade.

I'll try some ice tonight and see how it feels. Thx!

This happened to me last year, once i figured out i needed to rest i did and it took almost 2 weeks for it to get better cause i was throwing on it everyday for like a month before i decided to take some time off. Try taking a week off and then see how it feels

I've hurt my shoulder, very much in the area Chiefstang is talking about. I did it right after picking up the game (terrible form). It took me going to a doc and getting about a month of rehab stuffs to get anywhere near throwing a disc, but it was also an aggravation of an older baseball injury. Rest and proper rehab type exercise definitely helped me not only get back on the course, but has kept it from being any sort of issue going forward. No lingering side effects or anything messed up like that. :\

Well my advice is to NOT play through the pain. I tried it and really screwed myself for possibly the rest of my life. Also, ibuprophen is not good for ya so be careful man. I had to take a year off cause i tried to play through it, u may only need a few weeks, be safe and good luck.

Rest, and some TLC seems to be the best advice. Could be me. I broke my non throwing side collar bone, and will require surgery coming up next week. It will have me out for a few months. I would rather sit a week or two, and still be able to play, than this crap. Especially when we just got our new local course going two weeks prior to the break. Now I'm reduced to running the local mini night, and being a glorified tour guide. Lol. Finding a bright side by working on my putting,and RHFH until I can get my RHBH back without much discomfort. Good luck sir, and a speedy recovery.

"RICE" it.

Rest - This means no DG or BBall with the scouts, sry mate.

Ice - Hour a day, 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, 20 minutes back on. Right after any phyiscal
activity ice for an hour. Knee swelling? Ice for hour. When in doubt ice for an hour.

Compression - I recommend a neoprene compression brace or look up proper technique wrapping a knee with an Ace Bandage.

Elevation - Knee above your heart. Unless your crazy flexible you're going to have to lay down.

If possible knock out the Ice, Compression, and Elevation all the same time. I have no meniscus in my left knee(highschool football yay :( ) and it can be quite bothersome and achey somedays, other days it's fine however, know your limits. If it gets progressively worse however call a doctor.

Oh and lastly. Glucosamine. It's a supplement. Can be found at any grocery store. If you're the take 8-10 ibuprofen a day type I highly replacing that entirely with glucosamine. Ibuprofen wreaks havoc on the lining of your stomach, and in clinical trials patients have reported just a good pain killing effects from Glucosamine.

Hope that helps!

Too late for edit but...Just read about the cracking in your knee. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'm not a doctor(I just play one on TV) but from your description of the injury I don't think there was any major damage done to what you would normally associate with knee injuries (ACL, MCL, PCL).

Those type of injuries along with meniscus injuries are mostly caused by twisting, bending and flexing of the knee joint in the wrong direction. You said yours was just a pretty bad fall yah?

Probably a bone bruise, and depending on what part of the knee bone is bruised it could be terribly painful and immobile not unlike a much more serious issue.

Either way RICE. And if it gets worse. See a Doctor.