• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lamest "lost disc" story?

After the course signature hole where you take a path over a creek that is more like a river. My buddy walking next to river pulls out favorite katana driver and or some resin tries to roll it to the next pad. As soon as he lets it go it turns hard right and into the deep part of the creek. He's been in there a couple ones looking for it to no avail.

Years ago, my son and drive up to one of Colarado ski resort courses. It's on a Tuesday and when we get there, they inform us that the lifts don't run on Tuesday (WTF) so my son and I hike straight up this mountain to get to the 18th tee. I throw my all-time favorite disc, my trusted Valkyrie. It somehow holds the line and sails for like, I'm guessing 800 feet straight down this mountain. Lands in the middle of this field. We look for 45 minutes can't find it. Easily, the longest throw of my life and l lose my favorite disc.

My son's story. We're playing at Portland Lunchtime course which is on the grounds of a church. From the top of one of the hills, my son hysers his into the street. As we're walking down the hill, a car stops, some guy grabs the disc and off they go.

I have lost several discs at my practice field. Still not sure how. The strangest one was this:

There is a parking lot that parallels the field, and I threw a bright orange, Star Valkyrie, that I gripped locked. It hit the side of my truck, and went into the parking lot. After I was done, I went and looked for the Valkyrie, and I was shocked to find it was no where in site. I couldn't believe that I lost a bright orange disc just like that.

putting practice in my neighbors backyard before dusk, lost my yellow sonic. spent a good half hour looking for it before i went in, but gave up knowing it would be safe there and i could look in the morning. found it later that week about 6 feet from the basket in the only bush in the yard after about 3 more practice sessions that included looking around the yard more.

Mine is really recent.. I had just finished playing a round with a guy I'd never met at a local course, and he was looking through my discs in my trunk. I guess I toss my two putters at the practice basket while standing next to my car. He tells me he doesn't want to trade for anything so I close up the trunk, and we shake hands. I then proceed to hop in my car and leave the course.

It was the fourth of July weekend, so I was headed back home to Georgia the next morning, and when I arrive at home I meet a buddy to play a round at a local course.. And while prepping my bag to head out for the day.. No putters?! I felt like an idiot.

I have lost several discs at my practice field. Still not sure how. The strangest one was this:

There is a parking lot that parallels the field, and I threw a bright orange, Star Valkyrie, that I gripped locked. It hit the side of my truck, and went into the parking lot. After I was done, I went and looked for the Valkyrie, and I was shocked to find it was no where in site. I couldn't believe that I lost a bright orange disc just like that.

HAHA. The side of your truck? Sounds like me. I was at a course and some kids were watching me. After grip locking my shot, I heard 1 ask the others, "Why did he throw it way over there?" Like they didn't understand the game because I was confusing them with my poor play.

My son's story. We're playing at Portland Lunchtime course which is on the grounds of a church. From the top of one of the hills, my son hysers his into the street. As we're walking down the hill, a car stops, some guy grabs the disc and off they go.

That happened to us at Sylmar also. Four of us were throwing a practice round on the upper course for the Summertime Open and one of my TLs and 2 of Jake's Rocs (including a SuperRoc with an ace on it) ended up in the access road. Red SUV pulls up, guy gets out and starts grabbing discs. We yell at him to stop but we're 300' up the hill. He only started moving faster. Snagged all 3 discs, got in his car and took off.

I left my Pro Cobra in a field next to Rabbit Flats DGC. I was explaining what I was doing to an old couple and forgot that I didn't pick it up.

wzamNytXvkmw54ujBAWGz7Rso1_400.gif

Ugly hole that bends to the left, not long distance but HEAVY woods on either side. I throw forehand, so tough curve for me. I see a spot over the trees on a line to the hole, but it's risky - ask my friend to go be a spotter for me.

Throw - crash - trees.

"Ok, where is it?"

"Uh, I saw it go in the trees over there."

Nice spotter action :wall: Lost disc.

I lost a disc on a course that is super water by throwing in light woods, But we were playing it at dusk so you couldn't really see in the woods, I came back the next day in the mourning but still couldn't find it. It was my favorite champ eagle too, good thing I bought it for 5 bucks off a dude earlier that year.

Hole 17 at Fallasburg Park, Lowell MI. 800+ footer with tall grass on each side of a narrow fairway. we were drunker than we should have been and my friend lost his whole bag of discs because he couldn't remember where every shot went after waiting for the rest of the group to throw. Yes, he even lost his putter when he was down to that as his last disc and had to use it as a midrange.

Wow thats pretty funny. I have found over 6 discs at Fallasburg and only one was on hole 17. Somebody must of found a lot of discs.