• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Las Vegas and Cali Vacation

strain

Bronze level trusted reviewer
I will be in Vegas for a few days and was wondering which course would be the best to play when I visit? I'm only going to have time to play one course when I'm there, so I want to make the best of it. Then I'm heading to LA and was going to play one course there also. I was thinking of La Mirada Regional Park, being there two 18 holes in the same park. Any Suggestions?

I've only played Sunset in Vegas, so I can't speak to the other courses there. LaMa is a nice play, especially with both courses and a pro shop on site. Oak Grove is cool for the history and has some cool shots, Chavez Ridge has some great views and some decent golf, and I've heard great things about Sylmar if you're willing to drive a little more.

Haven't played any in Vegas yet, but for Socal I would hit Sylmar or Oak Grove. Sylmar, imo, is by far the best course I have played in the LA basin. Oak Grove for the history, and it's not a bad course either.

LaMa is cool because there are two courses, but, imo, both courses could be found anywhere in the US, they are both very public park style courses, but again it's nice that there are two courses in the park.

Verdugo Hills is open until 9:30PM and isn't too shabby, in case you need the time flexibility. It is between Sylmar and Oak Grove, which are probably the two most 'unique to the area' courses we have. And Chavez Ridge if you like hills :)

I recommend La Mirada if you only have time for one as it does have two beautiful 18 hole courses on site.

I also recommend Huntington Beach to visitors in So Cal for only a short time. It is literally right down the street from the beach, so you don't have to choose between visiting the beach and playing disc golf.