• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Laser Beam Fairway

MaxFlight

Eagle Member
Hey guys,

So I'm looking for super dead strait fairway driver... I currently throw an Undertaker for that slot, but it's getting pretty worn-in and throws more like my essence which has quite a bit of turn. Great for other purposes of course.

Would like to find something with 0 turn, and subtle fade... Not looking for "S" strait, just hold a rope strait.
Here are my current considerations...

- Star TL
- C-Line FD

Open to other options as well... Might even consider another Undertaker, but looking to try something different.

I throw max 400 feet, to get a sense of my arm speed.

Thoughts?

Tl would probably be what you want.
On thing consider though is try throwing your essence with a little bit more hyzer and having it stand up to straight.

Tl would probably be what you want.
On thing consider though is try throwing your essence with a little bit more hyzer and having it stand up to straight.

I do use my Essence for hyzer flips, but it's pretty touchy. I use it more for long turnovers.
Looking for something I can rip flat with zero movement right and subtle fade. Essence just has too much right movement when I crank it.

TL3 when brand new flies like 0 turn and 1 fade. When beat in flies like -.5 turn 1 fade.

But honestly the most simple answer would be to buy a new undertaker. That way you get same hand feel with different stabilities.

Glide in Z plastic will fly straight with little turn to the mold. Great disc, my uncle who has been playing since 1998-1999 uses the mold since 2010's sometime. I use similar mold very similar OOP mold and I would say try using a Glide.

TL, View and Crave are all really good here. Need to learn to play with the angles a bit as well though.

opto saint

cycle teebirds

fd would work but trying to find that specific run is a pita

Ditto TL3/TL, or even DX teebird if you're into that kind of thing. I find that star/champ Teebirds stay too stable, even when they beat in, but a slightly beat in DX or TL/3 are perfect, and not irreplaceable. What does the rest of your bag look like?

Last edited:

Latest posts