• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

My 2 Optos not only have a high shoulder, but a very gradual dome across the flight plate. Nothing freakish, but it's not flat on top. Maybe it was the run, they're at least 2 years old.

Best putter period. Get an Opto for all approach and drives and a Gold or Zero for close range. Never look back.

RIght, my Optos have no dome whatsoever, must just be an optical illusion. This is good stuff, gonna dump my other putters and go with 3 different Pures for all I need, lower my scores, and never look back. :sick:

RIght, my Optos have no dome whatsoever, must just be an optical illusion. This is good stuff, gonna dump my other putters and go with 3 different Pures for all I need, lower my scores, and never look back. :sick:

I was not talking about your Pures. Mine being fresh and current run have no dome. They have a flat top. I use Pures for approach and putt and I lowered my scores. I can not speak for you Snap. Nor was I speaking for you. I was speaking from my own thoughts and opinions on Pures. Your game might not be conducive to the Pure disc. Mine is.

Last edited:
I was not talking about your Pures. Mine being fresh and current run have no dome. They have a flat top. I use Pures for approach and putt and I lowered my scores. I can not speak for you Snap.

Alrighty, and just having a little fun here.

ffdc661c6f62342c8e595fd0a6bf49b3.jpg

LOL, did you have the chance to throw Gripline Pures before they disappeared? Those were sweet P&A.

:D

Never threw one. Didn't hear good things. Bounce out of the chains for putting and broke down too quick for driving.

But, now I am intrigued. What did you like about it? Maybe I'll have to track one down and give it a whirl.

Last edited:
:D

Never threw one. Didn't hear good things. Bounce out of the chains for putting and broke down too quick for driving.

But, now I am intrigued. What did you like about it? Maybe I'll have to track one down and give it a whirl.

Nah, they were nice. Kind of like a chalky Star or ESP. Board flat and low profile, really straight flyers. As far as bounce outs from chains, no more so than other stiff baseline putters. But compared to the Zero Medium and Soft, probably. Durability was better than other base plastic putters, like Pro D and DX.

Mike all you need to know is whoever I sold one of those grip line pures which I had used for 2 years+ (since nearly OG release) said it was the straightest disc they had ever thrown. Unlike the optos of today ;)

This conversation makes me happy I sucked up on the first Optos. Very little shoulder at all. The Proxy's a better Pure though, especially in the wind.

In my experience
opto has a higher/taller shoulder making a flatter top,
Gripline including the RGL have a lower shoulder making them more domey looking.
I have no experience with GL

Good golly do I love my Pures. Every Opto I've ever held has moderate shoulder and flat tops. And anyone not throwing Zero Mediums for driving duties is missing out. I've relegated my GL to only shots that needs to power through some cabbage or skid.

Just when I get set on driving putters I open this thread and throw a monkey wrench in the mix

When I tried to putt and drive with Pures, I tried out some Zeros in hard and medium. Those turned on my when thrown hard. I went back to Opto only and have been putting with other molds.

Just when I get set on driving putters I open this thread and throw a monkey wrench in the mix

The pure, once you consider the two plastics, is the best driving putter IMO put of the box. Zero for turnovers and approach. Opto for the power shots.

I like Polecats more but the pure is more versatile due to that durable opto.

The pure, once you consider the two plastics, is the best driving putter IMO put of the box. Zero for turnovers and approach. Opto for the power shots.

I like Polecats more but the pure is more versatile due to that durable opto.

Have you thrown the Proxy? Never thought I would bench my beloved Optos, but I did for them.

Latest posts