• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Thanks for the feedback. I currently PUTT with a Cryztal FLX Challenger. I'm just thinking about going a single-manufacturer route, and wondered what the Softs were like. If they are anything like my R-Pro Rhynos, I would buy a bunch. I throw about 50-70% Rhyno for short driving, upshots, approaches, and even some jump putting, so I would be looking for something that might be comparable. I really need to get that Pure back from my brother...

Anyone else work any of the other Zero Line Pures? Hard? Medium?

Soft zero is comparible to putter r-pro plastic, but i think it's more comparible to Gateway RFF plastic. I have a bunch in different color and wear stage and none droop when you hold them even in warm temps.

Soft Zero is very very durable as well. It doesn't damage as easily as hard zero. If the soft zero ever warps for any reason, i just leave it upside down on a flat surface in my car in the sunlight (on a book or clipboard) and it's back to original shape.

Putting -- not good for push putting, it will warp and wobble from the force your palm exerts on it. Spin putting or a spin/push hybrid is great.

Approaching -- this is where the plastic shines. I approach and long putt with my Soft Zero almost exclusively (unless i'm using a zone). There is very little chance of a roll away because the disc just sits and stops.

Nice appraisal.

Soft zero is comparible to putter r-pro plastic, but i think it's more comparible to Gateway RFF plastic. I have a bunch in different color and wear stage and none droop when you hold them even in warm temps.

Soft Zero is very very durable as well. It doesn't damage as easily as hard zero. If the soft zero ever warps for any reason, i just leave it upside down on a flat surface in my car in the sunlight (on a book or clipboard) and it's back to original shape.

Putting -- not good for push putting, it will warp and wobble from the force your palm exerts on it. Spin putting or a spin/push hybrid is great.

Approaching -- this is where the plastic shines. I approach and long putt with my Soft Zero almost exclusively (unless i'm using a zone). There is very little chance of a roll away because the disc just sits and stops.

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm a spin/push hybrid (at least I would say I am). I might have to try these. I do love approaching with my R-Pro Rhynos for the same reason.

Jrawk's approach technique sounds exactly like how I use Swans. Swans are just a little thinner, and less HSS. Pretty much same good plastic for settling down by a basket.

oh, man. i don't even know what to do anymore.

i've got a putter dilemma again because i have problems with wizards releasing properly on drives. i snagged an opto, a ZH and a ZS pure along with several other putters and it was bliss again. i'd forgotten how wonderfully straight the opto pure is, and how neutral/understable the ZH is. really a 1-2 knockout, laser shots for drives and approaches.

i tried putting with them; that was hilarious. i couldn't hit jack. i may just drive/approach with pures and putt with wizards, but there are so many contenders - i bought a crapton of putters today. *sigh* i was doing so well resisting, too . . .

Last edited:
oh, man. i don't even know what to do anymore.

i've got a putter dilemma again because i have problems with wizards releasing properly on drives. i snagged an opto, a ZH and a ZS pure along with several other putters and it was bliss again. i'd forgotten how wonderfully straight the opto pure is, and how neutral/understable the ZH is. really a 1-2 knockout, laser shots for drives and approaches.

i tried putting with them; that was hilarious. i couldn't hit jack. i may just drive/approach with pures and putt with wizards, but there are so many contenders - i bought a crapton of putters today. *sigh* i was doing so well resisting, too . . .

No law against bagging two molds. :thmbup:

No law against bagging two molds. :thmbup:

haha, yeah but then i'd like to have something slightly OS as well. there goes the neighborhood. i've got a few options i am considering...

as far as the pure goes though, i certainly remember why i bagged them. both plastics are truly remarkable IMO. the opto never ceases to amaze me with how straight and far it goes; the zero hard always looks great on those long turnover lines and hyzerflips, super straight approaches.

a think a pure/envy driving combo would be great, but i have a lot of discs to try. i noticed right away while attempting to putt with the pure that it is MERCILESS to hyzer putters. it spits through so easily and i had a hard time ranging putts high/low as well. just sorta glides and then drops suddenly. so no matter what, if i use the pure again i am looking at 4 molds and 6 putters: zone, slightly OS, opto, zero hard, zero soft, putting putter.

that's just a lot of putters to justify, which is why the PA2 and mercy and warlock are all in contention.

i don't think i can argue the fact that i drive the best with the opto pure though. we will see; i have some more fieldwork to do tomorrow.

Last edited:
Inside the circle you should be able to putt with almost any disc. Stick with the Pure and give it more time. Maybe a month or two. Patience grasshopper. If it still doesn't click then bag two putters. Simple.

I've finally solidified my putter lineup this winter after spending time with my new mediums on the practice basket.
Driving: Opto Pure and Champ Rhyno
Approach: Medium Pure
Putting: Soft and sometimes Medium Pure
I'll be carrying five putters, four of them Pures. One Opto, two Mediums, and one Soft. Come on spring.

Pure. Is. Money.

Fact.

Yes, it is. Love driving with the opto pure but like my zero hard pure even more from 150' and in. I have had so many good runs at the chains from the 50'-100' range that stay withing 20' when they don't hit anything. Maybe it is just me but the white zero hard is the best baseline plastic out there. It just feels different than the other colors.

I only have a Opto that I drive with, which flies dead straight and glides out like nobodies business, plus 2 yellow Zero Mediums that I putt with. I man dang, you can't beat a pure.

In a tourney this past weekend I hit about 135-140 ft upshot with one. It was so clean, just drifted right in there like it was on a mission.

I up with the Opto also, that's what I hit it with. My Zeros stay in the putter pocket and go from there to chains, and back. I love em. I've beat some nasty glide into one of em, and boy does it jump putt like a beaut.

I have a Gold Line on it's way, should have it by the end of the week. Stoked for it, I'll up with it, and keep the opto for driving.

The State Championships are this weekend and with my payout I'm planning on buying 2 black/smoke Zero Hards. THey've had em awhile and boy have I been eyeing them. Purdy discs.

Come on everyone! Let's hear how many/what plastics you carry and what you use them for!

I putt/upshot with Zero Mediums over the Winter and drive/upshot with Optos.

My Opto is over a year old and still not flippy, just about the same stability as my first throws. Zero turn, slight fade (0, -1). I use it for driving and longer upshots that need a bit more power. The Opto has a nice slidey finish on hard surfaces (like all of my local Charlotte courses).

Zero Mediums are a nice mix of firm and grip for putting. Perfect for temps under 80 where you need good grip yet not putting a brick. These have a little bit of turn and slight fade. These are more inline with the "marketed" flight ratings of -1,1. When they touch the ground, they grip hard and stop on a dime. I know when we get into the Summer that I will switch over to Zero Hards for putting.

I still haven't switched over to Zero Hards yet. My Zero Mediums have been firm enough so far this summer. I've noticed my Zero Hards are deeper and come out a little higher/slower than my Zero Mediums. They definitely mold up differently from my Zero Mediums.

I do have a trashed Opto on the way to hopefully takeover my turnover driving putter duties from the PA4. My putters will be:

ESP Zone
Opto Pure x 2
Zero Medium x 1

I bought an Opto Pure some time ago and I like it. It's stable and flies very well for me + it feels good in the hand (especially now when the little flashing has worn off). It's going to replace my Spike I guess..

I carry one Opto for driving and approaching duties. When the weather turns to rain, I bag a TM2 instead for the extra grip. That's rare though as I don't throw in the rain very often.

I need a new Black Zero line Soft Pure! My usual DG shopping destination, Disc Nation, is low on Pures. Wondering if they are getting new ones or if anyone has a pointer to these Discs that have good Mojo for me? :p

Latest posts