• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

First time I got an Ace with a Pure yesterday. Soft Zeroline standstill drive. <3 Pures.

Hit the front of the basket yesterday off the tee, came straight down in front of the basket after it hit. Couldn't have hit more square. Opto 175g, second day I've thrown it.

Every single Opto Pure I've owned has hit basket or chains off the tee, and the only RGL I threw got me a ridiculously lucky ace.

It's been tough to take the Comet out of my bag, but the Pure gets used like a Comet/Buzzz hybrid and it may just replace that combo permanently. I lost two Opto Pures a couple of years ago and never put them back in until recently.

Got a bubblegum pink Grip in, this plastic feels amazing. Surprisingly stable but I can't wait until it beats in to the gentle turnover machine that is my pink Opto. The grip feels so right for touch approaches.

Yeah it happened yesterday. Ace on hole 4 North Iwen, 175g dayglow opto. I have a feeling there will be more with this disc.

Yeah it happened yesterday. Ace on hole 4 North Iwen, 175g dayglow opto. I have a feeling there will be more with this disc.

Congratulations!

I think I posted about getting my Opto Pure, a nice 174g in easy-to-see orange and with the bonus of having speckles/flakes embedded for a really great look. I've been throwing the Opto Pure around, and it is amazingly straight. But even more... is the distance I'm getting.

With this disc I am driving well over 200 ft., and even approaching that 250 ft. distance. This is "mid" distance for me; certainly no other putter is getting me anywhere near this (I'm happy with 200'+ with the Colt on a drive).

The past couple of weeks have been very windy. Sunny and windy. Cloudy and windy. The winds have been relentless; I think I've been transported back to Kansas, Dorothy. :D Seriously, the Pure has held up really well in the winds, though in headwinds I'm using more overstable discs.

Welcome to the Core Bag, Opto Pure! :thmbup:

I can consistently throw a pure 300 with enough room. Its so easy! Welcome to the club man. I'll never be without an opto pure or an opto fuse.

What are people's thoughts on putting Pures? I'm looking for a new putter and considering trying the Pure for it's lower profile

I have a Zero Hard Pure (plastic being the same as DD's Classic) and it's a good putter. I do tend to like the lower profile putters like the Judge and Warden, so the Pure is not too much different.

Right now I'm still preferring my Classic Warden, but I can see the Zero Hard and Opto Pures in my bag as a set.

What are people's thoughts on putting Pures? I'm looking for a new putter and considering trying the Pure for it's lower profile

I putt with an Opto Pure.
It's straight, glidey, doesn't budge when I grip it tight.
The fact that it's thinner means that I can hold it easier and it snaps out of my hand with a cleaner release.

It is quite popular putting putter, with one putting World Championship on its' belt as well, so surely it will work just fine.

Personally I tried it and when I was making the puts it felt really nice. The problem, for me, was that due to the lower profile it was really fast for a putter and would go long ways if I missed it.

Eventually I changed to Macana that is more floaty in its' flight and the results have been really good. I guess the same logic applies to Wizards, KCs, Challengers, Daggers and many other popular putting putters.

Been tossing a 10 year grip line Pure and not really loving it. It has less glide than my opto Pure. Going to leave it in my bag for now, I just hope it breaks in to something I like better.

Been tossing a 10 year grip line Pure and not really loving it. It has less glide than my opto Pure. Going to leave it in my bag for now, I just hope it breaks in to something I like better.
I agree on the lesser glide part, but for me it is not an issue. Putters are not supposed to be your max distance discs anyway and there is room in the bag for both plastics.

The Grip line is decently stable and the holds its line quite reliably. It has also held on to its' stability through quite a beating, which is always nice. :thmbup:

I picked up a couple of pures, a Recycled and an Opto.

I'll just talk about the Opto now, It feels great, flies ok....the only problem, is that sometimes its very straight to stable, but other times it has carried a lot longer on an anhyzer and is hard to control. I was hoping it would be a laser straight flyer, it could have been the wind, it would have been OAT, but I feel a little shakey using this disc now....ive been crutching on the Atom as its very similar but doesnt carry ANny as long.....idk.....are some pures more HSS than others? its Opto white 176g

If you want a laser-straight flight, the Proxy is a better option. The Opto will beat into that to a point, but I never got mine to lose its "fade" completely.

The Opto pure is occassionally to High speed understable, thats the issue, I'll play with it some more and see how I feel about it.
still think ill be using the atom more, especially if it comes out in premium plastic

The pure isn't necessarily a finesse disc in opto. If you want a disc that holds annies longer, try a hard pure or a lighter soft one.