• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Opto Air

TonyAPE12

Birdie Member
It appears that Latitude 64 is producing it's own line of "blizzard" plastic. Latitude will soon be releasing the Halo and Saint (a non-wide rimmed driver) in Opto Air plastic. From what the post says, they're taking more factors into play in trying to reduce damage to rim by placing the air bubbles in the middle of the rim. Check it out!

http://www.latitude64.se/news/

Didn't look for a general Lat 64 thread...just noticed there wasn't a thread about these specifically...

the one that Todd posted in can be for general Lat stuff still

this one can be specific to the Air Models

how long before L64 makes a new driver called the Jordan???

Disc Golf Never Sleeps™
AIR™ Microbubble Plastic
2nd October 2012
We are planning to release a new version of Westside Vip King this year. This will be the first disc in AIR™ series meaning the weight of the disc is reduced by injecting microbubbles into the plastic during molding. Westside Vip Air Kings will weight about 145 - 155 grams. The AIR™ technology is a Swedish technology developed by Latitude 64 and it is licensed by Westside to be used in our entire line of VIP plastic discs. So this is not Westside's own technolgy. Only the name of the AIR™ technology was invented by us.

I'm not really sure how I feel about an air opto saint yet....seems like the and 168s I have are light enough already. Plus I never got around to liking the blizzard stuff anyway. Maybe if Lat makes it perfectly, and the durability doesn't suffer horribly.

For weenie arms like myself, I think it opens up some nice possibilities. Plus, I already throw the Starlite Roadrunner. The Saint will complement it well, hopefully.

I'm not really sure how I feel about an air opto saint yet....seems like the and 168s I have are light enough already. Plus I never got around to liking the blizzard stuff anyway. Maybe if Lat makes it perfectly, and the durability doesn't suffer horribly.

I like this if i can find some in the 160-162g range. But bellow 158 would be overkill.

Seems like the saint will be odd in super lighter weights...considering it's not exactly warp speed.

given it's speed and glide and assuming the glide isn't affected I think the Grand Masters in my area would really benefit from an Air Saint...moreso than their 150 class valk

but I am a Euro fan boy perhaps

I'll definetly be getting a king in the 150-160 gram range.

I know my buddy geofflaw has already pre-ordered a few Saints and Halos...he uses those and a Boatman as his primary driver. I'm just dreading when he gets them and outdrives me by a good 50 feet haha

given it's speed and glide and assuming the glide isn't affected I think the Grand Masters in my area would really benefit from an Air Saint...moreso than their 150 class valk

but I am a Euro fan boy perhaps

That's what I was thinking, sounds like a glidier Valk to me. Could be neat. Nice to see them breathing life, er, air into the Halo which isn't a bad mold at all.

They're all going to be 145-160g. It's a shame Latitude didn't pubilsh that on their Opto Air page. Anyway, weight was my biggest question so maybe that info helps some of you too.

they have been up on gottagogottathrow since about noon and on discnation in the past few hours.... going pretty fast too.

Latest posts