• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

What's the consensus then? How much does this bad boy turn? Some people say it's nice and stable, but other people are saying it has quite a bit of turn.

Is there an Innova or Discraft disc you would compare the River to? Eagle? Teebird? TL? Cyclone? Leopard?
Based on a very small sample size:

Seems (to me, at least) that my Opto River is kind of like my CFR TL, only different. About the same speed out of hand, but less prone to turn (HSS) with less fade at the end.

Seems a lot like a slower (and more durable) version of my P line PD. I think as my PD gets more and more beat, I'll be grabbing the River more for the tight shots as I feel like the Opto plastic can take a few more tree hits before it becomes too easy to turn.

Just ordered a 161 Yellow GL.

Why do I feel dirty?

Because if you ordered it from DiscGolfCenter, you stole it out of my shopping cart before I could make myself pull the trigger on actually buying it. ;)

Last edited:
Checked out Discnation today to try and throw one to see what it felt like for myself but they don't have them yet, they had 4 other new Latitude 64 discs, oh well maybe soon.

It looks like a good mold.......TL with more HSS looks like it would be a fair comparison by looking at the pics.

What's the consensus then? How much does this bad boy turn? Some people say it's nice and stable, but other people are saying it has quite a bit of turn.

Is there an Innova or Discraft disc you would compare the River to? Eagle? Teebird? TL? Cyclone? Leopard?

I've been throwing them a ton over the past few days and I'd say they have a neutral stability for people with 300-350' worth of power. With good form they keep a straight line with minimal fade. If you turn one over due to OAT or wind, they still have a decent enough fade on them to come back when they slow down.

If I were to describe it in Joe's Flight Chart terms:

Range:4
HSS: -.5
LSS:2.5
Power:3

In Innova Terms:

Speed: 7
Glide: 6
Turn:0
Fade:2

Let it be said that I am not a disc expert. It is my humble opinion with which I rate the river.

I hope you are right waddly, if so this will be exactly what I was looking for

I came up with my ratings because I feel it flies very similar to a gazelle/ cyclone but with a tiny bit more HSS, tiny bit less LSS, a notch faster, and with tons more glide.

I really want to hear from other Gazelle/ Cyclone throwers on how close I am on my conclusions.

Because if you ordered it from DiscGolfCenter, you stole it out of my shopping cart before I could make myself pull the trigger on actually buying it. ;)

Oh. Thats what it was then. :thmbup:

It looks like a good mold.......TL with more HSS looks like it would be a fair comparison by looking at the pics.

I've been throwing them a ton over the past few days and I'd say they have a neutral stability for people with 300-350' worth of power. With good form they keep a straight line with minimal fade. If you turn one over due to OAT or wind, they still have a decent enough fade on them to come back when they slow down.

If I were to describe it in Joe's Flight Chart terms:

Range:4
HSS: -.5
LSS:2.5
Power:3

In Innova Terms:

Speed: 7
Glide: 6
Turn:0
Fade:2

Let it be said that I am not a disc expert. It is my humble opinion with which I rate the river.

OK, so this sounds an awful lot like a Teebird? Maybe less fade when talking new? Thats what it really sounds like when I hear slightly faster than the gazelle/cyclone with a touch more HSS.

need more River feedback...

I'm about to pull the trigger on two, just not sure what weights i should be aiming for.

My normal Tbird weight is 167-169. I'd expect Rivers in that weight to be a couple points less on the HSS scale. Correct?

I wouldn't call this a t-bird at all. People with <300' of power get a huge fade out of a t-bird.

We compared the river to the Gazelle, Cheetah, and Leopard and it is really an inbetween of all 3:

Leopard does not have the wing angle that the river has
Gazelle & Cheetah have nearly identical wing but rim has small bead, river does not (I am not talking rim bead, feel the edge of the flight plate on gazelle/cheetah, there is a small bead like object there...I am assuming this and the micro bead on the rim give it the little bit of additional stability.

So...IMO....

Teebird Jr.
Gazelle/Cheetah/Leopard +

Christy loves hers but it really doesn't do anything different than the Leo in her hands.

I wouldn't call this a t-bird at all. People with <300' of power get a huge fade out of a t-bird.

We compared the river to the Gazelle, Cheetah, and Leopard and it is really an inbetween of all 3:

Gazelle & Cheetah have nearly identical wing but rim has small bead, river does not (I am not talking rim bead, feel the edge of the flight plate on gazelle/cheetah, there is a small bead like object there...I am assuming this and the micro bead on the rim give it the little bit of additional stability.

So...IMO....

Teebird Jr.

Christy loves hers but it really doesn't do anything different than the Leo in her hands.

Hmm sounds interesting enough. I was looking at the profile pic Waddly posted and it actually looks similar on the wing to an XL, but thats just out of memory. I will have to pull my XL out when I get home and compare, or; should have my River today to do it that way.

I'm going to try and get 2 rounds in later today with my new 170 Goldline. If I have a chance tonight I'll let you know how it goes.

Got mine!

Definately more concave on the wing than an XL. Almost like an Eagle X but I think the curve on the wing is a little more accented.

Cant wait to throw it.!

So...IMO....

Teebird Jr.

If you give it a bit of steam and OAT, does it still come back, or does it flip into a roller? Sounds like it has the "notch" (see bold above) which is also on the Eagle-X. The Cheetah, to me, was a Leopard-like turn with a Gazelle-like fade. This disc may do that, too.

Last edited:
Threw mine a couple times today. A new Goldline 170G seems more stable to me than a comparable Leopard, but not a lot more. Only got a few throws but my impression is that it will come back if you turn it over a little. But even on a bad throw that sucker glides. I think it's got definite possibilities. I need a lot more throws to really know what it can do.

I've thrown my 171 opto about ten times.

I would give it 6.5, 6, -2, 1

It has more glide than any fairway driver that I've thrown.

Threw mine a couple times today. A new Goldline 170G seems more stable to me than a comparable Leopard, but not a lot more. Only got a few throws but my impression is that it will come back if you turn it over a little. But even on a bad throw that sucker glides. I think it's got definite possibilities. I need a lot more throws to really know what it can do.

Sloppy, we got to meet up for another round so I can throw these bad boys. The Cheetah/Gazelle comparisons intrigue me.

Latest posts