• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Scythe

Still waiting on how this compares to the Giant....

I didn't buy a scythe I liked how the enforcer felt in my hand better and it's plenty plenty plenty OS for me. My buddy won a Scythe during the GBO for winning his card that day and he was throwing it today in some very strong headwinds. It was really OS. Quite a bit more than the Villain which I didn't think it would be. I had heard like a beefy Destroyer but I have never seen any destroyer that OS. Probably makes a good flick disc it's not a deep rim. Just not the disc for me. It's not as fast as a giant but I'd say in opto plastic it will be more resistant to turn than any giant. I think the enforcer would pair better with a giant though. They feel closer in the hand for me. Giant maybe a hair thicker in the rim but it's not a big difference.

I also won one at GBO for winning my card. I find my scythe to be similar to a discraft flick in both feel and flight. The flick may be sharper edged and a hair faster but they are similar. I like it better than the enforcer because it feels better in my hand. Opto scythe is super flat topped. I've heard the enforcer compared to an OS destroyer and the scythe compared to a faster firebird. To me those seem like pretty accurate descriptions.

Any updates in the giant vs scythe comparison?

I haven't thrown both extensively, but I have a friend who throws both frequently. I would say that the Scythe has a later, harder fade, and tends to skip more. I would say that the Scythe/Giant pairing compares pretty closely to a Flick/Force comparison, if that makes sense.

Threw the Scythe a handful of times yesterday. No doubt, it is way more overstable than both the Blitz and Villains I have.

Giant is rated one speed faster than Scythe due to slightly wider rim of course. They are both so overstable you can shape VERY similar lines. It maybe strange to say, but the Scythe mold feels better for sidearms (flatter) and the Giant feels better for backhands (dome). But yeah, you can get very similar results from both discs. Giant ranges slightly longer I think.

Speed-wise, the Scythe fills my overstable slot between the ultra fast 14-speed World (or Giant) and the fairway-speed Trident/XXX. It's kind of a more stable Boatman, maybe? Nice Firebird/Predator type flight but faster, and that was a missing slot for me. I was using Glo Z Flicks but they are just too darn overstable.

The Enforcer is more overstable than Scythe and Giant and is probably meant to slot between a Giant and Stiletto in terms of overstability...super duper beefy and not as useful for my 400' power level as compared to the Scythe. You can probably even anny an Enforcer in fierce headwind and that sucker should be coming back unless you angle the wing down so badly no disc would have a shot to flex out. I never really need that much OS as I throw heavy white VIP World which is plenty beefy on a hyzer release for nearly any amount of headwind on a distance drive.

I have been recommending the Scythe over the Enforcer to my friends as we do not have 500' pro-level power. Still, if you are wanting a Giant/Stiletto type overstable disc the Enforcer will do that for you at a 12-speed rating, so think most OS Destroyer ever. In normal wind it will flex hard out of anhyzer almost right out of your hand.

Scythe is just more useful for my power level but I am still carrying both for now. I have never parked so many sidearms so quickly with a disc. However, I would like to try a 168-170g Enforcer and see if that doesn't work better, cuz I have no need for max weight on it...beef supreme.

New Latitude 64 Scythe 12, 3, 0, 4

From flight numbers and description it sounds like a PD2 Chaos or a Force in terms of something I have thrown. Just got one today. Will review a.s.a.p

A Scythe is the Reapers blade. I was so excited at first glance. I thought Discraft or someone else brought back The Reaper (one of my favorites). No, just a new disc that happens to have a reaper on it:doh:

administrator. Lat 64 Scythe is not yet listed to add to bag section.

Last edited:
New Latitude 64 Scythe 12, 3, 0, 4

From flight numbers and description it sounds like a PD2 Chaos or a Force in terms of something I have thrown. Just got one today. Will review a.s.a.p

A Scythe is the Reapers blade. I was so excited at first glance. I thought Discraft or someone else brought back The Reaper (one of my favorites). No, just a new disc that happens to have a reaper on it:doh:

administrator. Lat 64 Scythe is not yet listed to add to bag section.

........... what?

In terms of Overstability.

Enforcer > Scythe > Villain.

I think the enforcer and scythe are similar with the Enforcer being a little bit more HSS and LSS.

In terms of giant versus Scythe/Enforcer? I feel like the Enforcer and the giant are pretty similar. The enforcer feels a little bit more workable than the old super beef TP giants. I think the enforcer really is very similar to one of the old TP giants only 1-2 speeds slower.

The Scythe isn't as HSS as the old giants were, maybe the same LSS but it definitely has a little give to it in the middle of the flight from what I've seen.

Have thrown 2 168g Scythes and couple of 175g Giants and between those, giants were way more overstable. Those Scythes were my friends and didnt compare PLH to others so take this with a grain of salt. I threw those Scythes into a pretty nice headwind and definately got some turn out of those and . On a similar shot my Giant just went super straight with a big late fade. I have 400' "power" on calm conditions on golf lines.

I just picked up a milky white opto with black stamp that looks pretty sweet. No idea if I'll like it, but I won't get rid of it if I don't.

I picked up a goldline scythe last night. I'm kind of looking for something that I can use for stable/overstable distance shots where I wouldn't want to throw a tern. I tried a lucid enforcer in that slot and found it to be too fast/overstable for me. When I picked up a scythe it felt a tick slower or at least easier to grip - I have a hard time with 2.2cm rims and can't go wider than that without having serious grip problems (short fingers - the tern is an exception because it's so shallow) Here's to hoping that it will work for me, as what I'm reading it might be just as overstable if not more so than an enforcer...the guy at the DD truck told me that it wasn't as overstable and would work for my 400' range better.

Last edited:
I picked up a goldline scythe last night. I'm kind of looking for something that I can use for stable/overstable distance shots where I wouldn't want to throw a tern. I tried a lucid enforcer in that slot and found it to be too fast/overstable for me. When I picked up a scythe it felt a tick slower or at least easier to grip - I have a hard time with 2.2cm rims and can't go wider than that without having serious grip problems (short fingers - the tern is an exception because it's so shallow) Here's to hoping that it will work for me, as what I'm reading it might be just as overstable if not more so than an enforcer...the guy at the DD truck told me that it wasn't as overstable and would work for my 400' range better.

Not as overstable, but still reliable. I found the Scythe was the most overstable distance driver I need- even testing in very stiff winds at the beach. It did turn in a headwind, but faded reliably.

It's a good driver for sure, I particularly like the grip.

Right now I go Ape for FH and Komg for BH Max D, but if I were to go to just one driver the Scythe might be it. OS enough to take some torque, but still has good glide and can be manipulated.

Not as overstable, but still reliable. I found the Scythe was the most overstable distance driver I need- even testing in very stiff winds at the beach. It did turn in a headwind, but faded reliably.

That makes me feel a little more secure in my decision. Of course, I'll reserve judgment until I can get some real throws with it :D

Welcome to the scythe club!

Expect it to fly much like a slightly beat champ boss, dead straight for most of the flight then a huge skip left for RHBH at the end.

Easily torque resistant enough for 400 foot of power without even inching to the right for RHBH.

I use my 171g black sparkle Opto Scythe for those long forehands I need reliable late fade. My Scythe flies similar to my 173g TP Boatman... except for perhaps a tick more HSS and a bit less glide.

The Scythe fits perfectly in my hand while forehanding. I really can't see me taking it out of my bag. Unless, of course, I get a bigger arm and start throwing Enforcers instead!

The Scythe fits perfectly in my hand while forehanding. I really can't see me taking it out of my bag. Unless, of course, I get a bigger arm and start throwing Enforcers instead!
Been a while since I threw the Scythe, but if I remember correctly there wasn't a big difference in stability when compared to Bio Enforcer. The biggest difference to me was in the feel of the rim where Enforcer won by some margin.

Latest posts