• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lawd have MERCY ...

Haha, I already did that's why I asked for more! I'm probably going to pick up a couple of these in Zero since EZE is OOP. How would they pair with the Pure. Tons of overlap?

I can't comprehend that someone would carry both
there is not that much difference in these molds that both would be required

the Mercy is perhaps a touch more US than the Pure
and the Pure is perhaps a touch faster

but the molds are quite similar but with the Mercy being slightly deeper

I would suggest that in reality both discs would accomplish the same lines and uses but as putter preference is about feel in the hand the Mercy fits for those who prefer a deeper feel and the Pure fits those who prefer a lower profile

matching a Mercy and a Pure is in no way akin to say a Mercy and a Zone/Rhyno/Sinus/Jokeri

Thanks for the input ManU. I was definitely thinking both in the bag would be overkill, but I'm liking these Swedish putters. I could see the Mercy kicking the Pure out for me though. It sounds like the perfect balance between the Aviar/Wizard and the Pure as far as rim depth goes.

"Pick one". Easier said than done! I would have be a lot better at this if I had started playing before there were all of these choices/options.

lol

if you like a deeper feeling putter...or have larger hands go Mercy

if you like a shallower putter...or have smaller hands go Pure

I haven't felt a Zero Mercy only an EZE but I did recently get some Zero Pures and they feel awesome

the flight plate seems to be slightly thinner
makes for a nice grip

I would suggest that in reality both discs would accomplish the same lines and uses but as putter preference is about feel in the hand the Mercy fits for those who prefer a deeper feel and the Pure fits those who prefer a lower profile

matching a Mercy and a Pure is in no way akin to say a Mercy and a Zone/Rhyno/Sinus/Jokeri

I carry a GL Pure for driving purposes, but it's a little too shallow to feel perfect to me as a putter, so I putt with Mercies. I don't really "throw" my Mercies ever.

And I've got a non-scented Zero Mercy on the way to me. I really like EZE plastic though, grippy yet stiff, but I'll try anything so buying a Zero to test was a no-brainer.

How would they pair with the Pure. Tons of overlap?

I am using both at the moment. Zero Pures for main putter and a Strawb Mercy for longer putts (40'+). For those longer putts, I don't jump or step through. I stand a bit more than 90 deg (imaginary line from the pole through my right heel and ball of my left foot), keep a straight elbow and "swing" my arm on a level plane (in relation to the imaginary line). The disc flies with little spin in a straight line with a hyzer angle (if that makes sense; flies like this "/" as opposed to "-"). When using the Pure for these putts, I had to play the fade (still pretty accurate), with the Mercy, it will fly straight at the basket longer with less fade. Within 15 minutes of getting my Mercy, I nailed 8 50' putts in my backyard and hit the basket on almost all the ones I missed.

I know this is not about putting technique, just trying to illustrate the difference in flight for me. Reading over it again, I may have failed. I can never organize my thoughts clearly.

TL;DR: No Pure and Mercy overlap for me.

The straighter flight when compared to the Pure is what has me most excited to try out the Mercy. I really enjoyed the flight of the Yeti, but the plastic was not for me. It sounds like these should fit the bill perfectly.

I'll weigh in with my thoughts.

I have been using the EZE Pure and the EZE Mercy for a few months.

I putt with the EZE Pure and generally will use the EZE Pure for anything 100' or less (Putting and Approaching). As others have stated, the rim on the Pure is shallow compared with the Mercy.

I also have a GL Pure that gets plenty of use off the tee and in long approaches from 200' on up.

I use the EZE Mercy for shots off the tee or longer approaches that require a smooth finish to the right (RHBH) from 100'-200'. I can also do this shot with the EZE Pure, but with the shallow rim, I personally have less control with longer anhyzer lines. The Mercy feels comfortable using my fork grip and throwing this line.

My Pures get used a lot more than my Mercys due to the Mercy being regulated to a situational slot in my bag. However, both are great putters in my opinion.

I just picked up (2) Strawberry Edition Zero Mercys today and plan on testing them out in the colder weather vs. my EZE Mercys. The Zero Mercy is softer than the EZE Mercy from what I have felt.

I agree the Mercy likes more height than the Pure. I also think it's a little more susceptible to poor form. Not really a good comparison, but a Mercy is to a Comet (pretty neutral and likes height) as a Pure is to a Buzzz.

I think that's a good summary. Mercy is noticeably floatier (ie - has more glide) than a pure. The pure is a bit faster so it's a great driving putter. It took me a while to get used to the slower flight of the mercy since I had used pures for some time. But I have bigger hands so the taller profile of the mercy fits me better for normal putting duties.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&type=&id1=4577289&id2=1692215&id3=9906131&id4=8109356&n=1139

Got my Zero Mercy today (non-Strawberry version). It's exactly what I wanted EZE Soft to be, noticeably softer than say a Sinus SP, much gummier, grippier and floppier and it doesn't "bruise" on the chains/pole like other Zero line discs I've used. Off to order a new Zero Sinus, if the plastic is similar to the Zero Mercy it's got a chance to compete with my floppy, gummy, indestructible Pro Rhyno.

Got my Zero Mercy today (non-Strawberry version). It's exactly what I wanted EZE Soft to be, noticeably softer than say a Sinus SP, much gummier, grippier and floppier and it doesn't "bruise" on the chains/pole like other Zero line discs I've used. Off to order a new Zero Sinus, if the plastic is similar to the Zero Mercy it's got a chance to compete with my floppy, gummy, indestructible Pro Rhyno.

That's wierd. I got my Strawberry Mercys in the mail yesterday (one for me, one for my daughter, of course) and while I think the Mercy is an amazing putter, I think the Zero plastic is kinda blah. Mine has the aforementioned bruising after only nine holes (two of which I putted with my trusty Rhyno.)

I do love how tacky and grippy it is. It's fairly flexible, but not in a gummy way. But after one hit it was scraped up. Maybe because of the Strawberry elements the plastic is different? Like I said, love the grip and tackiness of Zero, but it doesn't look like it's going to be very durable.

Anyone else notice this with the Strawberry Mercys?

ADDED NOTE: these smell so delicious. Very fragrant...in a good way.

I haven't been able to take my Strawberry Zero Mercys out for a test yet. Stupid schedule has keep me busy.

That's wierd. I got my Strawberry Mercys in the mail yesterday (one for me, one for my daughter, of course) and while I think the Mercy is an amazing putter, I think the Zero plastic is kinda blah. Mine has the aforementioned bruising after only nine holes (two of which I putted with my trusty Rhyno.)

I've got some tiny bruising on my regular Zero after 50 or so practice putts, but it's nothing compared to the old SP plastic, which had huge striations after the first couple of putts.

I have noticed the white "bruises" on my Strawberry, but I have always seen it on Zero Pures as well. They seemed to bruise for a while, then just stop.

Damn. Wish I had found out about these things a long time ago. Dan Beto told me he was throwing these and told me to pick one up so I did. This is the putter plastic I have been searching for forever. It is stiff enough, but yet so grippy/tacky. I was in love at the first touch and then I threw it. I was super surprised with the flight. I could rip it and it held its own. It flies very similar to a warlock. They also putt incredibly easy which never hurts anything. Latitude is slowly taking over my bag.

I got a Strawberry Mercy in the mail yesterday. I immediately took it down to my putting basket to putt. I tested it beside my wood aviar. I find the mercy to have a very similar profile and similar flight. It seems like for now the mercy was a little more sensitive to release angle. This enabled me to fine tune it's flight. My aviar will be my inside the circle workhorse, but I see the mercy being a long range putter. Especially when I need something to stick if I miss.

Latest posts